Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
crow
crow began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
new member, mac user, kindle reader, confused

Just a quick hello and to say that I love this site. I have found great info and now I just have to figure out how to use it. Happy New Year!
crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post
Just a quick hello and to say that I love this site. I have found great info and now I just have to figure out how to use it. Happy New Year!

Welome Crow, and we've all been there. Start by asking any questions you have under the appropriate thread.

Happy New Year!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Welcome to the forums!
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Welcome

Welcome! Hope you like it!
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Crow; you'll find a lot of Kindle users here at MobileRead. We've also got a very large collection of books in MobiPocket format that can be read on your Kindle. The easiest way to get books from here onto your Kindle is to download the MobileRead MobiPocket Download Guide and put it on your Kindle. You can download to your Mac by following the link and then push it to your Kindle through the USB cable. Or, if that's challenging, try using the experimental browser in the Kindle and navigate to https://www.mobileread.com/mobiguide which will then result in a prompt asking if you want to download the file to the Kindle.

Once the Download Guide is on the Kindle, you can open it like any other book. Read the descriptions of the various books and if you want to download any of them, just select the link in the Download Guide. As long as you have turned on the WhisperNet antenna, the selected book will be downloaded directly to your Kindle. You can, of course, download any of the MobiPocket-format books to your Mac and push to the Kindle via the USB cable.

Oh yes, I should probably tell you that in addition to books to read on your Kindle, you can find all kinds of cool information about using it in our forums and in the wiki.

Welcome to MobileRead; we're glad you found us.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi crow and welcome to the Forum. Lots of friendly help here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote