Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
xmlgirl
Enthusiast
xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
what are you using to edit epub 3.0?

I have an older version of Dreamweaver and it doesn't like the new HTML5 tags or the extra namespaces.
Is there any kind of HTML/EPUB editing software that validates HTML5?
I can upgrade Dreamweaver if I need to, but if there is something better out there, maybe I'll do that instead.
Thanks
xmlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
For mac, Espresso is my go-to program. Coda is quite popular, as well.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
I don't like dreamveawer and inDesign, they're no more good tools

For html5 validation I use the official validator at w3c:
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_upload

For epub version 2 I use Sigil and epubcheck

For epub version 3 I use epubcheck

For editing purpose of epub3 I'm usign libreoffice with writer2epub for first part of work (it do a really good job) and then I decompress the epub and work with a text editor (I'm on kubuntu so my editor of preference is Kate).
For epub2 obviously I'm using Sigil.

Just the mobi conversion create some glitch
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
The recently launched BlueGriffon ePUB edition can deal natively with ePub3, but I can't say if it's better than the other tools you mentioned, I haven't tested it yet. http://www.bluegriffon-epubedition.com/BGEE.html
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
Well, maybe it's good but

------------------
The Wysiwyg view of the application will remain read-only
until you enter valid license information through
the Preferences panel.

A license for a single user on a single computer is 195€, exclusive of VAT. VAT applies to all countries in the European Union.
-----------------

195$ + VAT just to try it's a little more than I can afford.
^__^

I will try it obviously buy only the trial version

Thaks
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert