Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Any way to bulk replace...

I have two large libraries....one of which I've edited by hand to do what I want, the other is prohibitively large to do so.

What I want to do is replace the author field with the contents of the author_sort field

I know it is easy to copy author to author_sort, via tweaks, but I want to do the opposite, copy author_sort to author.

Thanks for any held, in advance.

(when I say prohibitive, there are over 3200 books by 1400+ authors, so even a copy paste in the manage authors is prohibitive)
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Found what I need in another thread.. search and replace using regular expression mode..
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert