Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #46
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariun View Post
Shaggy, can you address that thread for us? And do you know if we will find the so waited "Standby mode" in the new DR1000S Firmware ?
Look in the "DR800 Sources posted" thread. They say that zoom is not something you can re-enable via a .ini tweak, like you can with the folder support.

I have not seen them state yet that the new power mode in the DR800 will also be available in the DR1000. Much of the code base is the same though, so hopefully it will.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #47
solariun
solariun began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / prs-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I have not seen them state yet that the new power mode in the DR800 will also be available in the DR1000. Much of the code base is the same though, so hopefully it will.
Thank you your your answer, by your answer you have the same home I am caring for long now, but I have to admit I am very disappointed about how Irex have been handling this matter, As I wrote in other thread, I will only wait till next Firmware, (witch I often take a look on Irex site) to decide what to do. I actually ordered the QUE but, as the matter of the fact of my DR1000 only remain about 10 hours on, I will move to the Apple Ipad, it has the same battery Life and I can also perform others things. I much desired to buy my DR1000 because of the features I read once and after 1.5 vanished from the advertise site, and now I few, somehow, alone in the dark.

Hope Irex can be more fear with us and me as well.
solariun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #48
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I much desired to buy my DR1000 because of the features I read once and after 1.5 vanished from the advertise site, and now I few, somehow, alone in the dark.
I'm not sure what you mean by 1.5 vanishing from the site. The current firmware is 1.7.1, but I think you can still get the older versions. It might not be the same link as before though. If you need help finding it, let us know. I can try to dig around, but others on here might already know what the link is.

BTW, the newer firmwares still contain the same sleep mode as 1.5, if that's the main reason you wanted it.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #49
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by 1.5 vanishing from the site. The current firmware is 1.7.1, but I think you can still get the older versions. It might not be the same link as before though. If you need help finding it, let us know. I can try to dig around, but others on here might already know what the link is.

BTW, the newer firmwares still contain the same sleep mode as 1.5, if that's the main reason you wanted it.
FYI, here is the link to all of the previous DR1000 firmware versions:
http://updates.irexnet.com/embedded/dr1000/

If you can tell us why you want to go back to 1.5 though, maybe someone can help?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #50
solariun

Quote:
If you can tell us why you want to go back to 1.5 though, maybe someone can help?

Shaggy, I have no intent to move backwards, I am saying that after 1.5 the advertisement of "Weeks of battery" just vanished from the Irex Site, I was complaining about I can not have it working as said in the original advertisement, I can not use it on the go, because I always have the boot up time.

I felt really stupidly when I read on Irex site saying that DR800 has Standby mode, and we, DR1000 owners are waiting it for so long, with nothing at all, the real Standby, that would mode my DR1000 fast asleep, and I could pop it up everywhere and restart reading from I stopped... Because, after almost a minute waiting the boot time, I always have to look up for the book I was reading, and unfortunately I have a larger library on it, due to business stuffs, and it is always boring to do... Instead I am using a PRS-600 because I can take handwriting notes, mask words, zoom and all so, but unfortunately small screen for the kind of documents I use to daily read.

I
Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #51
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Shaggy, I have no intent to move backwards, I am saying that after 1.5 the advertisement of "Weeks of battery" just vanished from the Irex Site
Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant.

Quote:
Because, after almost a minute waiting the boot time, I always have to look up for the book I was reading, and unfortunately I have a larger library on it, due to business stuffs, and it is always boring to do...
There's a group of people here working on that. Have you tried any of the patches they are posting?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #52
solariun

Quote:
There's a group of people here working on that. Have you tried any of the patches they are posting?
I didn't know about it, what kind of path are you meaning, the 1.7.1 (system path) ? Because I have it installed already, but my main complain is about the "Standby mode" that doesn't exist on my unit, and I bought my unit just because of that. I have a Iliad, it is really good, the Idea is totally awesome, the unit and all so, but the only thing that most bother me is the boot time and shutdown every time it am going to use the unit.

I have "some" units, I have became a great eInk fun since I bought mine first, the PRS-505, witch I have to tell is greatly done, in every sense. And then I won a PRS-700, and after few months a Iliad, but then I read about the "DR1000" in the Irex site, I got totally exited, I thought: "With this unit I can not take it to work and use it even to read on the way and use it on my just, the only thing I would need will be set it to Standby mode, and have it useful almost all the week long.". And the only thing I got was a bit Iliad! even with no file search at all...

I do hope Irex can do something about the standby at lest.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Because, after almost a minute waiting the boot time, I always have to look up for the book I was reading, and unfortunately I have a larger library on it, due to business stuffs, and it is always boring to do...
There are easy workaround for that. Eg, what I do, when I start reading a book, is to create a shortcut to it on the "home page" of the browser. That way it's instantly visible.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #54
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
I didn't know about it, what kind of path are you meaning, the 1.7.1 (system path) ?
I think Shaggy was refering to this. This patch on the official firmware adds three features:
- it allows you to (automatically) store the a short-cut of the files you opened in a folder called 'Recent Files' so, you can easily find them back
- it allows you to startup with the 'Recent Files' folder displayed, instead of the default 'Home' folder.
- and the latest version allows you to automatically start the document that was open when you shutdown the device, the next time you start the DR1000. (although with some limitations, it only works for those apps that create an icon in the popupmenu-taskbar, so for the 'native' formats: pdf, txt, etc it works, but not for documents viewed with FBReader).

So this will not decrease the boot time, but help you with decreasing the time to Quote: "I always have to look up for the book I was reading, and unfortunately I have a larger library on it, due to business stuffs, and it is always boring to do...".

I am working on a new update that also allows you to store the folder of the opened document. So if your 'current set of interesting folders' is not too big it allows to quickly navigate to them.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #55
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
[..]but not for documents viewed with FBReader[..]
Is it possible to autostart FBReader when starting up the DR1000? FBReader opens the last read document within itself, when it starts. So it would be a full solution: DR starts FBReader, FBReader starts the last document, ready to read. ;-)
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #56
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
Is it possible to autostart FBReader when starting up the DR1000? FBReader opens the last read document within itself, when it starts. So it would be a full solution: DR starts FBReader, FBReader starts the last document, ready to read. ;-)
I think we are drifting off-topic in this thread, so I answered in the 'Recently Used Files' thread.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #57
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I think we are drifting off-topic in this thread, so I answered in the 'Recently Used Files' thread.
OK and thanks. ;-)
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote