Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
sony charger

Is there anywhere in Oz I can get a wall charger adaptor that will work with my 350? I have two generic brand ones and neither works and the Sony one is very expensive. What do other people use? I'd prefer to buy from Oz.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Many phone chargers use micro-USB and work with 350s... there are several whole threads already devoted to this subject and include lists of of chargers that work fine... as well as methods to get generics to work (usually involve shorting data lines if I remember right)...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #3
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shorting data lines?? You're talking to a technodunce here. I know there are other threads but I couldn't find anything specific about getting them in Oz and which definitely work.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Is there anywhere in Oz I can get a wall charger adaptor that will work with my 350? I have two generic brand ones and neither works and the Sony one is very expensive. What do other people use? I'd prefer to buy from Oz.
As you don't appear to have Amazon in Australia why not try eBay.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?LH_Av...arr%3D1&_rdc=1
I know that most appear to come from overseas but even with the shipping it must be cheaper than the Sony one.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
foureyes
foureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it isfoureyes knows what time it is

Device: kindle
I got a micro charger from the optus shop.. Works well
foureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
As you don't appear to have Amazon in Australia why not try eBay.
http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?LH_Av...arr%3D1&_rdc=1
I know that most appear to come from overseas but even with the shipping it must be cheaper than the Sony one.
Won't I need an adaptor for the different plug/voltage if I buy from overseas?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by foureyes View Post
I got a micro charger from the optus shop.. Works well
This could be a goer as I may be able to get to an Optus shop. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Most chargers these days work off of 100 - 240 volts. So at worst case, you will need an adapter. And those are readily available.

I use the iGo products (www.igo.com) I use a Charge Anywhere as my main unit, which is both a wall charger and has an internal battery to charge devices when you are away from a wall outlet. The cable also allows charging from any USB outlet, both on a computer or one of the little devices that convert wall voltage to USB.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Buy a charger compatible with a Blackberry that us a microUSB plug. That will work with your 650.

My mother has a Samsung cell phone and her charger works fine with my 650.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Buy a charger compatible with a Blackberry that us a microUSB plug. That will work with your 650.

My mother has a Samsung cell phone and her charger works fine with my 650.
Thanks, but mine's a 350, will it work for that too? At least I will be able to get one without too much trouble, even here in the deep south.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
You just need to check that the amps are the same and that the plug will fit. You should be able to find something that will work at Jaycar.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Thanks, but mine's a 350, will it work for that too? At least I will be able to get one without too much trouble, even here in the deep south.
Yes--the 350 and the 650's take the same type of charger. I use my DroidX charger for my reader and it works very well.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
The only concern about amps is that the charger can deliver enough amps. The device will only draw the amps it requires.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
You just need to check that the amps are the same and that the plug will fit. You should be able to find something that will work at Jaycar.
Amps are irrelevant... the item being charged only takes what it can handle not necessarily everything available... if it is a micro-USB then it will be 5V because that is the USB standard and it should provide a minimum of 500mA but anything up to a couple of amps is around and fine...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Yes--the 350 and the 650's take the same type of charger. I use my DroidX charger for my reader and it works very well.
Same here, except mine's a Droid2 charger. It charges much faster than plugging in the USB cable to a computer, and I can read while it charges.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote