Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iBooks 1.1.1, iTunes 9.2.1

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/19/a...-galore-promi/

Quote:
As for iBooks 1.1.1, that one still seems to be propagating through the iTunes server factory, promising support for books with audio and video, improvements for PDF documents and other miscellaneous bug fixes.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id364709193?mt=8#

Quote:
• Double-tap an image within a book to view it in greater detail.
• Experience books that include audio and video.
• Enjoy substantial performance improvements when reading PDFs.
• Look-up definitions to English words inside books without a specified language.
• Addresses an issue that may have caused some book downloads to not complete.
• Includes many stability and performance improvements.

Last edited by kjk; 07-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
-comment deleted-

Last edited by scottjl; 07-19-2010 at 06:21 PM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
grr. if you update the app directly on your unit, you lose your whole library. way to go apple!
That's pretty crazy...thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
I didn't lose anything.
mellina 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

i didn't lose anything in the end. it looked like i did. i guess ibooks was rebuilding its index or something. i had an empty bookshelf for about 5 minutes (too many books) and then it was filled.
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
i didn't lose anything in the end. it looked like i did. i guess ibooks was rebuilding its index or something. i had an empty bookshelf for about 5 minutes (too many books) and then it was filled.
So they didn't fix the slow bookshelf?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books

i think it's the first time you use the app after you update it, which would make sense. bookshelf view has to update all the cover images. then it scrolls up and down pretty fast. i usually use list view myself. PDF rendering is much faster. still not up to good reader. but certainly faster.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Some nice fixes and that double tap image viewer is really great!
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have verified - the dictionary look-up now works again for all books in my iBooks library.

And ... yeah - those empty shelves were rather disquieting!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Works good here, and PDF is getting there. Maybe Over all it feels snappier....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
kjk

So did anyone's bookshelf order change? I think mine survived both the iTunes and the iBook update.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I have verified - the dictionary look-up now works again for all books in my iBooks library.

And ... yeah - those empty shelves were rather disquieting!
So that is weird..you are right, poohbear_nc. I haven't gone thru and re-saved all my books in Calibre to get the Dictionary thing to work yet...and now it looks like I don't have to.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 AM   #13
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
there are comments about pdf now being blurry? i haven't had the time to test yet.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:47 AM   #14
Josch91
Reader
Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.Josch91 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
there are comments about pdf now being blurry? i haven't had the time to test yet.
Yes, I have this problem! But only with some of my PDFs.
Josch91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent - dictionary lookup now works again on all my books!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote