Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Calibre... not responding. Do you want to send error report?

When I try to send books from Calibre to my SONY PRS-700, I keep getting the message that Calibre has encountered a problem and needs to close, do I want to send an error message to Microsoft? I choose Don't Send, and it continues to ask, I continue to choose Don't Send. Once it has (apparently) gone through my entire directory of books (close to 400 at this point) it will then start sending them to my reader. Right now it's sending 381 which is scary since most of them are already on.

I tried to do screen shots but couldn't get them to appear in this message.

Help??

Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You get this message when clicking send to device? For every selected book? What format are these books in?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

At least every book that's not seen as being on the device. I don't have nearly as many duplicates as I was afraid of, (maybe took out 10 or so) and they may be getting shipped over from my Sony program. I go through my index by title and kick out dupes then redownload them individually.

But it's going to be a pain when I hit the 1k titles mark...

Last edited by Deb; 09-27-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Deb
Connoisseur

Sorry - didn't specify type of books. ePUB, PDF and LRF (not so many of them)

And I'm not sure which are getting the error messages - it just pops up on the screen and I press 'do not send' to go on to the next.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And this is with what calibre version?
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
Deb
Connoisseur

Every version I've used. I processed more books today and only got the error message with the .pdf books. However, I have a huge amount of them and have to sit here hitting the 'don't send' selection each time. I've also lost my tags on my reader for some reason, and *really* don't want to spend (400 books * 10 to 30 seconds each) to reload them.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Go to preferences->Plugins->Metadata writers and disable the PDF metadata writer plugin
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
Deb
Connoisseur

Thanks - worked like a charm!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Deb
Connoisseur

So - new question - is there any way for me to send multiple formats to my reader at the same time? Right now, when I want to send something over, it asks me what format. I have .epub, .pdf and .lrf and don't have time to go through and do 3 separate runs - to say nothing of the fact that sometimes I have different formats for books in the same series and still want them to be in the proper order once uploaded.

thanks!