Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Food for Thought

Well I have noticed, in my newbie-ness, that there are quite a few mentions of Squirrels. I am still a little purlexed about this but am working my way through this confusion.

So for the squirrel lovers in the audience I thought I would mention that at the New Forest Show in Hampshire, England - end of July I think, My Mother will be at the Game Cooking Stall and will be cooking a range of game including Squirrel Burgers!!!!

I know it sounds awful but they are actually very very tasty. So if you get there and are peckish, head for the game cooking stall and get some squirrel in you.

Pev

(PS I am totally serious, it's yummy)
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Oh No! Tell her to be careful! That sounds like something that would attract an attack by PNS! They poof in via transdimensional gateways, cause havoc, then poof away again.

(PNS-Pirate Ninja Squirrels)

EDIT: Wait just a bushy-tailed minute! I'm from the South, and we know squirrel meat. You are not supposed to eat them until after the first freeze of winter, you know, to kill the fleas and parasites. Tell you mom it is a trap to get all of the squirrel-meat chefs in one convenient spot to make it easy for the PNS!

Last edited by DixieGal; 05-14-2009 at 01:15 PM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh No! Tell her to be careful! That sounds like something that would attract an attack by PNS! They poof in via transdimensional gateways, cause havoc, then poof away again.

(PNS-Pirate Ninja Squirrels)

EDIT: Wait just a bushy-tailed minute! I'm from the South, and we know squirrel meat. You are not supposed to eat them until after the first freeze of winter, you know, to kill the fleas and parasites. Tell you mom it is a trap to get all of the squirrel-meat chefs in one convenient spot to make it easy for the PNS!
Ah Ha - so thats what the little PNS on the invite was about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Please tell me these are Grey Squirrels ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I wonder how a Pan-Dimensional, Hyper-Ninja, yadi-yaha Squirrel would taste?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I wonder how a Pan-Dimensional, Hyper-Ninja, yadi-yaha Squirrel would taste?
Out of this world?

(note to self: remember to wash the burger down with a ZCD....)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Please tell me these are Grey Squirrels ....
They are, indeed, grey squirrels. Down in the south of England there are only 2 places left with red squirrels that I am aware of - Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour and I think there is a colony on the Isle of Wight as well. I also believe there are some up in Scotland too but I am not positive.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you - you may incinerate all Greys you can find .....

Yes Scotland remains a sanctuary for the Reds, but the Greys are encroaching slowly northwards ....
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Yes Scotland remains a sanctuary for the Reds, but the Greys are encroaching slowly northwards ....
Have you considered comissioning the building of a wall to stop them? I gather Hadrian Construction Services are pretty good and have some experience too
Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Have you considered comissioning the building of a wall to stop them? I gather Hadrian Construction Services are pretty good and have some experience too
I fear it may be too late. The grey squirrel horde is too devious and has already crossed the border.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

A sad day indeed for our native reds........
Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

(and also : pnaturist !! paahahaha !!!!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I fear it may be too late. The grey squirrel horde is too devious and has already crossed the border.
Quote:
A sad day indeed for our native reds........

We shall have to increase the breeding program of the Haggis and arm them with the necessary grey squirrel deterent - recently manufactured by an Aussie company ....
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Recently, I sat and watched an all-black squirrel. Big mother, wasn't scared of people. It sort of creeped me out, because it was staring at me while I was staring at it.

Was it a mutant grey? It was big, big enough to crowd out the greys. What do you think?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote