Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
AndRead
AndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kobo Glo
Red face Reading ibook on Kobo Reader

Hi all, a newbie at ereaders and ebooks Have a Kobo Glo.
Big question: Am I able to read an ibook on my Kobo?
I have downloaded Calibre and also have Adobe Digital Editions in order to get library books. My sister just gifted me an itunes card and to my surprise (I told you I am totally new at this) there were books i would love to purchase. I think i am pretty good at following direction so if there is a few steps to take in order to load on my Kobo thats fine. Willing to learn. Thanks a bunch!
AndRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Unfortunately no, you can't read iBooks on your Kobo without stripping the DRM from the ebook (google apprentice alf for more information on this, not sure if you can even do that with iBooks).
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
AndRead
AndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsAndRead can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Thank-you Pookeysgirl.
I just viewed google apprentice alf and I think I am going to hold onto my itunes gift card a little longer No guarantee in removing the drm as per the nov 2012 version so I will just hang on. Thanks for the update
Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@AndRead here's a link to a thread that I'm sure will interest you - it's the Kobo discount info thread:

Kobobooks.com Discount Codes

Currently the discount code is:

VoucherCodes40

and that means that you may find that any Kobo books that you're interested in may be available for 40% off if you use that code.

Also, pop into the Kobo sub-Forum - that's where you'll get the best tips/help.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ How do you know if a discount code can be applied to a specific book or not?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
When you go to buy a book at Kobo, on the confirm purchase page about halfway down there will be a link for "Have a gift card or promo code? Use it here". Click on that and enter your code. If the book cannot have a promo code entered for it, the promo code box will not appear.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ Thank you! That's why I couldn't see where to enter it, then :S
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
AndRead

@Lynx-lynx Thanks a bunch. I took advantage of the code you suggested and made a few purchases. I am now doubly happy that i took the initiative to post about ibooks for my Kobo. Yippeee! Thanks again