Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #61
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Working pretty great here.

Server: XAMPP 1.7.4 (Apache 2.2.17, PHP 5.3.5)

Client: Stanza 3.2 on iOS 5.1

Last edited by ilovejedd; 07-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #62
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Working pretty great here.

Server: XAMPP 1.7.4 (Apache 2.2.17, PHP 5.3.5)

Client: Stanza 3.2 on iOS 5.1
+1 here

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 (Debian) - Apache 2.2.6, PHP 5.3.1

FBReader + Mantano

I also discovered that (in addition to the original 'special characters' problem) embedded lines dividing sections in metadata was causing individual books to not show using opds in FBReader & whole selections containing these books not to show in Mantano.

Is this is an FBReader/Mantano issue or something that can be corrected in COPS? In any case I can now edit the metadata as necessary when I add additional books to my library.

Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #63
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@jillmess

When you say line dividing sections, do you mean <hr> in the html comment.
If yes then it's pretty easy to fix.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #64
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@jillmess

When you say line dividing sections, do you mean <hr> in the html comment.
If yes then it's pretty easy to fix.
Looks like it - I didn't think to look at the html tab because they all showed up ok in the html catalog, but I have just re-downloaded the original metadata for one of them and that seems to be the issue.

Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #65
olganazo
olganazo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
hi,

Before installing your opds sever, I am trying to test from your demo page.
I am looking for such a server as I am offering a Kobo to my mother in law who doesn't have a PC, and who lives very far from me. I need to be able to send her new books from time to time.

It works fine from my desktop PC, I can browse the catalog, download books,...
From the kobo (I am using the kobo browser), I can see the catalog, but I cannot download books; The epub button is present, but does nothing.

I am testing on your demo server : http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php

If I try http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/kobo.php I have an error message : No input file specified.

Is it possible to download books to the Kobo ? How ?

(kobo touch 1.9.17)

Thanks.
olganazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #66
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Hi olganazo,

Download is not available on your Kobo because I disabled url rewriting on the demo site.

I reenabled it so you can try again.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #67
olganazo

Thanks a lot, it works fine. it's exactly what I need.

Now I am trying to install on my php server (OVH mutu)...

I have error message "exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /homexx/www/livres/base.php:365"

if I change the path to calibre DB I have another error message :
Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchColumn() on a non-object in /volume1/web/author.php on line 33

Last edited by olganazo; 07-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #68
vlad59
Addict

It means that a query did not work as expected. That seem strange because that query is the most simple possible :

select count(*) from authors

I really don't know what could go wrong with that.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #69
olganazo

I did some debug this morning and I found the path was wrong althoug the connexion to db did not fail in some cases in

public static function getDb () {
global $config;
if (is_null (self::$db)) {
try {
self::$db = new PDO('sqlite:'. $config['calibre_directory'] .'metadata.db');
// echo 'sqlite:'. $config['calibre_directory'] .'metadata.db';
} catch (Exception $e) {
echo $e;
die($e);
}
}
return self::$db;
}

Works fine now !
Thanks a lot for your work !
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #70
vlad59
Addict

Did you make a modification to find the error I looked at your code and it seems identical to mine. Can you provide a patch or explain better what you did ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #71
olganazo

In fact it's just a matter of path.
If the path is totaly wrong it is unable to open database file, if the path is Ok but is not the path to the db (ie / fogotten), an empty db is created according to the path ;-)

I added
self::$db->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_WARNING);
so now I get a more accurate error message.

Maybe, after opening the db connection you should test if it's a good db.

Now it works fine.

I am also trying to access the database on dropbox. But I don't know how to do it.
I managed to configure a .htaccess in my calibre folder so that I am redirected to my drop box (from my brower). But with cops, an empty db file is created in my calibre folder instead of accessing the dropbox db.

(install on OVH provider)

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #72
olganazo

I've had some more problems.
On your website the apache rewrite rules are :
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteRule ^download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$ fetch.php?id=$1&type=$2 [L]

Although it seems that when therewrite mode is on the url generates contains the data parameter and not the id parameter.

When changing the rule to RewriteRule ^download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$ fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2 [L]

it works fine.

I also changed last line of fetch.php to
readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);
as I could not use X_send_File.
It's probably slower but works on my server.

Now it's all working well.
Thanks.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #73
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.2.0 is out with the following changes (First post to download) :

* Fix all rewriting rule I forgot to change it in last release
* Fix <hr> in book comment (thanks to jillmess)
* Fix cover zoom in HTML catalog (you can also navigate through cover with keyboard)
* Simplify Fancybox transition for e-Ink devices (for now Kobo and Kindle)

Not a lot of changes this time but with the release of the firmware 2.0.0 of the Kobo eReader Touch, its browser is way better so the HTML catalog is now ready for it.

The features of the HTML catalog are :
* a click on the cover thumbnail allow to zoom it and navigate through other covers.
* a click on the center allow to see book detail with buttons to navigate.
* download works mostly on Kobo (some books with special characters fail)
* Search and Sort work (except on Kobo : virtual keyboard is strange).

The download link is in the first post.

You can have a look at the HMTL catalog here :

* http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php

The full sources (with HTML catalog) are available on github :

* https://github.com/seblucas/cops

You can create issue / merge request if needed.

Happy testing.

Last edited by vlad59; 07-23-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #74
kcallis
kcallis began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

I know that Calibre include a powerful server which can provide HTML and OPDS. But my goal was to host my OPDS server on a small server with limited RAM and CPU (it could also be a VPS). That's why I coded COPS.

It's main advantages are :
  • No need for many dependencies (aside from PHP).
  • No need for a lot of CPU or RAM.
  • Not much code.
  • Search is available.
  • With Dropbox it's very easy to have an always up to date OPDS server.
  • 100% OPDS valid code (checked with http://opds-validator.appspot.com/).
  • It was fun to code.

It's still in early stages but it works enough for me. In any cases I'm open to suggestions to enhance it.

You can download it here : http://blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server
I am wondering if this would work with the Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ v1 (sparc based server)?
kcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #75
vlad59
Addict

Hi,

jillmess made it work on ReadyNas Ultra 2 so it should work on Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ v1.

Please check the prerequisite to be sure.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology