Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
The annoying thing about reverting to 2.9 is that there will always be an update. So you cant use the update all function
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Ok this is weird. I have 3.0 on my iPhone and 2.9 on my iPod, and they are both still syncing last page!!! Working both ways. The button is greyed out on 3.0 but still works.

I haven't tried 3.0 to 3.0 yet though or new books.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #33
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Ok this is weird. I have 3.0 on my iPhone and 2.9 on my iPod, and they are both still syncing last page!!! Working both ways. The button is greyed out on 3.0 but still works.

I haven't tried 3.0 to 3.0 yet though or new books.
Are these sideloaded books or books bought from Amazon?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #34
neonbible
Addict

Sideloaded
Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #35
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Sideloaded
What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone and which iPhone. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Carol
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Ms Pixie
Ms Pixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow! I hope it works for you, that would be cool.
Yeah, i agree that it kinda sucks not to be able to do the upgrade all thing and to stay behind st least for now on Kindle updates, but I read a lot and use my Kindle(s) a lot so it is worth it to be able to sync last page read.
Ms Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #37
neonbible
Addict

Using iPhone 4 with ios5.1

Are you guys side loading books straight converted from calibre?

I convert with calibre but set ASIN to amazons format B00xxxxxxx using mobi2mobi. Maybe that's the difference
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle has an iOs update. Did it fix this issue?
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
scoiattolo49
scoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle, iPad, iPhone, etc..
Since I'm the one who started this thread, I believe that a little update is needed
After a few test and tries, I'm pleased to confirm that:

the syncing is now working with version 3.0 (and 3.01).

What I did was simply to start again from scratch, deleting the old files and then copying them again on the /Library/eBooks/ directory.

Make sure that they are in the mobi format, that the field (501) CDE is set to "EBOK" and the (113) ASIN is filled with the proper Amazon Asin code.

Copy the same file on all your devices and... enjoy perfect synch for all your books
scoiattolo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #40
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoiattolo49 View Post
Since I'm the one who started this thread, I believe that a little update is needed
After a few test and tries, I'm pleased to confirm that:

the syncing is now working with version 3.0 (and 3.01).

What I did was simply to start again from scratch, deleting the old files and then copying them again on the /Library/eBooks/ directory.

Make sure that they are in the mobi format, that the field (501) CDE is set to "EBOK" and the (113) ASIN is filled with the proper Amazon Asin code.

Copy the same file on all your devices and... enjoy perfect synch for all your books
Are you using mobi2mobi or just passing the book through Calibre?

Carol
Old 03-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #41
scoiattolo49
scoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheese

If necessary I do first a mobi to mobi conversion using Calibre.

I then I use MobiMetaEditor to check/change the ASIN field (and CDE as EBOK if needed)

Last edited by scoiattolo49; 03-22-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #42
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
If necessary I do a mobi to mobi conversion using Calibre, then I use MobiMetaEditor to check/change the ASIN field.
So just using Calibre does NOT work??

Carol
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #43
scoiattolo49

No because you need a valid (= Amazon) ASIN code.
Calibre (if the Asin code is not there) will only put a "fake" one
Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #44
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks. Karma for you.

Carol
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #45
slidey
slidey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app
Quote:
Thanks for that info - I can confirm mine that were all broken came straight off Calibre, which had injected a random ASIN - looks like in version 3+, the app requires one that looks more 'valid'. Never expected it would be easy but good to know there's still a way!
slidey is offline   Reply With Quote