Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Just a plain dumb idea. Totally UNcredible. It proves again that anyone can start a blog.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
This doesn't appeal to me somehow.
Agreed, this does not appeal to me at all.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Not gonna happen.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #19
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I would actually be interested in an entourage edge type tablet/ereader but the back to back would be horrible for reasons people already stated.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmmm.....if it is dual screens as displayed, I don't like it. I'll just standby and see what they come up with.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I've got an iPad and was toying with the idea of getting an eInk reader. Mainly for reading because I do so little reading on the iPad. But I don't think I'd lug both of them around. Even if they were joined at the hips.
I do actually (a lot at least) but would not want the two to be permanently connected such that I have to use them together.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Last year I had decided to get either a tablet or an ereader. I decided on an ereader. I'm still a bit attracted to the idea of a tablet, so my first, unthinking reaction was, "Sounds great!" But then I thought about probable size. I had already decided that a 7-inch tablet would be too small for me, so I don't think this combination would work for me, even if it would for other people.

Then there is the weight question if they were permanently joined. If I just wanted to read a book, the ereader is all I need. The tablet part would just be unwanted weight. And I wouldn't want an ereader flapping around if I wanted to browse on a colour tablet.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
"And he seemed quite clear that this is front and back, versus the stacked displays seen on the original Barnes & Noble Nook" looks like this is back to back displays rather than the entourage edge configuration????????

Just got an Edge and am loving it thus far. I am used to a pandigital novel reader so weight is only 3 oz more and the Edge is much more functional.

I read several months back that someone was working on an lcd stacked with an eink somehow so that the one in use would shine through. You could only use one at a time but the weight/battery life etc. would probably be better than the Edge.

Don't you just love these new toys? :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
davezatz
davezatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Just a plain dumb idea. Totally UNcredible. It proves again that anyone can start a blog.
While I agree there's many unworthy blogs and resultant commentary out there, I've been doing this for a long while and have a solid record as a professional writer and industry guy. Having said that, the story is absolutely crazy. I agree. However, I trust my source and trust my own objectivity - hence the extra healthy heaping of doubt. The guy on the plane we don't know as credible. All we know is how he identified himself and the yarn he spun. There's three options: it's all true, he's full or crap, or he doesn't know exactly what he saw. My money is on 3). He saw something, but misinterpreted what it was or how it was designed. Or maybe he saw a prototype of something. We may never know, but I'm obviously comfortable covering the exchange (with caveats) and happy to see thoughtful conversation on the topic.

As an side to the group, the photo in my post is a Photoshopped version of the dual screen Kno reader tablet that never shipped. I wanted an image of some sort and I'm not much of an artist, so I retrofitted Kno.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
kennyc

Welcome Dave. Thanks for popping in. Check the place out ..hang around.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yes it's reasonably safe. Kenny's pitchfork has been cropped out.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #27
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Yes it's reasonably safe. Kenny's pitchfork has been cropped out.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #28
davezatz
davezatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I have been.

FYI the post has been visited via the amazon.com network about three dozen times. But the visits are extremely short and I'd have expected more visitors and lengthier visits had the details been spot on. So it's potentially another sign that the report isn't entirely accurate. Or not accurate at all. But I'm percolating a follow-on post of what I'd like from my next e-reader/tablet device.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual screens, kindle, tablet