Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Itʻs here! Itʻs here!! Come celebrate with me!

Itʻs been one year since I opened the box that held my birthday present (it was a little over a week early), and there, inside, was this little silver thing I wasnʻt sure Iʻd even like!

At first, I tried to shun it. I looked at it, thought in my head "aww, man! but I donʻt *want* to buy books!!" and smiled big for my dh, who obviously thought it was the best thing ever. Finally, I picked it up, and began reading the books he had so thoughtfully put on it for me....

It has changed my life! I can read anywhere now! I caress it often while reading, and wipe the greasy smudges lovingly off. And itʻs one year old!! (or, rather, my addiction is! I have no idea how long it lived in the box, waiting for an owner)

What anniversary are you all on with your current love?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

<Throwing confetti in the air>
<Banging Drum and cow bell>
<Dancing the dirty chicken dance>

YAAAHOOOOO!!!!

Congrats. I know you both will share many more wonderful years.

Until you find a shiny new silvery love.

Awwww... new love.

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
mmmmm about 14 months with the first, a little over a month with the second, and a week and a half with the "gift" I am "breaking in"

what? of COURSE an ereader needs to be broken in! especially one that is leaving the country! sheesh people!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
We're still newlyweds. It was rough going at first, because my ISP's content filter proxy conflicted with the Sony Ebookstore. I had to call my ISP and ask to have the filter uninstalled every time I wanted to buy some books. But somewhere down the line (months later) we just connected, no conflicts. Our first anniversary will be mid-January!
We're very happy together and we go everywhere together!
Now when we get our integrated dictionary (I'm expecting ), our family will be complete!

Congrats on your anniversary!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 11-03-2009 at 12:58 AM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
mmmmm about 14 months with the first, a little over a month with the second, and a week and a half with the "gift" I am "breaking in"

what? of COURSE an ereader needs to be broken in! especially one that is leaving the country! sheesh people!
(giggle) I broke one in for 4 weeks before I gave it as a gift. Hey....you gotta make sure it works, downloads properly, right?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
It'll be a year in February. But around that same time this year, my second "baby" is expected, an Archos 9 internet tablet. I very seriously doubt it'll displace my first love in my affections, instead I hope it enhances it and complements it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy Anniversary to you and the silver one, GraceKrispy.

My blue one and I will celebrate the big one year at Christmas (when my son surprised me with little blue)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #8
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
WhooooooHoooooooo happy anniversary Grace
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I caress it often while reading, and wipe the greasy smudges lovingly off.
Yup, I do that too

I'm not sure how long it is since I got my Cybook (2 or 3 years?), but it must have been roughly at the same time that I registered at MobileRead. I can't remember when that was either, but after I post this I will see it

Edit: oh well, it's been a little more than a year apparently. Funny, it felt longer than that. Maybe because I've been reading a lot more since then
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #10
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Wooo! Happy birthday Grace, and many more to come for your little silver bundle of joy!

Mine is eleven months now and has acquired "best beloved" status :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
my first lasted a couple of months; and then was upgraded, and we've been going strong and steady now for over a year - i've only had to smack bottom once (and that was last week !!!).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm on my third one. I'm ashamed to say that I have a bit of a wondering eye. I was with my first for more than two years until a younger and more buff model caught my attention. It was waiting for me under the Christmas tree last December. * Hubba Hubba *

Then in September, I was lured away by yet another newer model that seemed to meet my needs better than the others. I have been in love ever since. How long will this one last? I have no idea. I'm afraid I'm fairly fickle when it comes to these things.

Happy Anniversary, Gracey!!

Last edited by kazbates; 11-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Happy Anniversary Grace. I've had my, ahem, blue Sony 505 since Jan 2008 so we're going on two years. And I'm still addicted to the thing!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
wahoo!! iʻm exhausted from the celebration! I actually celebrated by reading a really dumb story on it. Now Iʻm reading a much more intriguing one. I think I need to start a goodreads page, so I can keep track of all these. Iʻve been known to check out a book again and read it, thinking how familiar it sounds right up until page 100 or so, when I realize Iʻve read it before... and not even liked it the first time!

Itʻs very interested to see who amongst us is a serial ebook lover, who is a bit of an ereader slut, and who is loyal til the end. (and who still likes to brag about his-- not hers, mind you, made that mistake only once-- blue sony.....)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Congrats!

My PDA and I have been inseparable for a long time now, I lost count... And even though some new ones have turned up these last few months, he'll never leave my sight until his very dying day. He still has the advantage over the new ones that he can be used at all times of the day, at all locations. Lack of light, excess of light, he doesn't get hot or cold by it.

My older ones didn't last that long, though the previous one is still in use by my husband.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote