Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Unhappy 177€ !!!

I just called the company which fixes the prs 505 reader for Sony in Austria and asked how much the metal case or the cable costs which I need to fix my ereader. 177€ - some expensive aluminium...
the guy was as astonished as I

thats what I call a profit margin1

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Get a casing through buying a defective reader on this forum.

Are you SURE that it is the casing/cable that is causing the problem?, I only found out that my casing/cable was causing the problem I was having after a LOT of fidgetting...
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Holy Mother of Money! That's like a thousand USD dollars!

It's really $2.40 USD, which is just a few bucks shy of a brand new 505. That's CRAZY!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Holy Mother of Money! That's like a thousand USD dollars!

It's really $2.40 USD, which is just a few bucks shy of a brand new 505. That's CRAZY!
Sony's like 299 Euros in Europe so it's still a bit of a difference!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
duckbill
Enthusiast
duckbill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Sony's like 299 Euros in Europe so it's still a bit of a difference!
Is anybody actually paying 299.- euros? Why not have the thing shipped from overseas? Or, get it in the UK - I only paid 190.- euros in UK, and apperently they are even cheaper in US or Asia.

duckbill ---
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert