Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
brenwa
brenwa began at the beginning.

Device: nook tablet
Cool Can Not get metadata to update on device...VERY annoying!

Hi

I am fairly new to caliber but, found this thread
http://goo.gl/FlZvf
having pretty much the same issue/question.

I have a couple of hundred books on my nook tablet, the metadata was a mess, so after importing everything into calibre, then fixing it all (a process that took quite a while to go through 200+ books) including updating the covers....

I then deleted all the books from my nook, via my pc (linux ubuntu)

Then used calibre to convert everything from epub, to epub followed by a re-upload of the entire newly re-converted library to the nook....(via calibre)

After sending everything back to my nook.

To find none of the covers, or metadata updated ( I use 2 different reader apps and neither show the updates)

I might also mention (though I doubt it matters) I have rooted the nook to make it a useful bit of kit rather then the locked down useless thing it was previously)

As far as I can tell I did what was necessary to get a forced update of the covers and metadata...ant help would be appreciated

I am very impressed with this program...but my reading experience would be MASSIVELY improved by the covers and meta info getting updated

Thanks in advance for your help
brenwa is offline   Reply With Quote