Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Can't take any chances with those 8 year olds!!!

Lakewood police subdued 8-year-old with pepper spray:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17773005
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Lakewood police subdued 8-year-old with pepper spray:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17773005
Thank you Kenny -
did you see the advert banner at the top of the page - Moody Blues at Red Rocks .....

sorry, didn't read the article ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

His mother, Mandy, shared the report with 9News, because she thinks officers acted excessively.

maybe, but what else could they have done .... [ .... ]
Old 04-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A little kid with a pointy stick? Call out the SWAT team!

Last edited by DixieGal; 04-05-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: This thread could use the "silliness" tag!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
GeoffC

Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
"Pointy Sticks are primitive stone age musical instruments that have been, unfortunately, used as weapons of torture and murder."

read the truth about Pointy Sticks here:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pointy_Sticks
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
My 8 year old can throw some really spectacular tantrums when he's mad. Thankfully, only one was at school and it didn't involve pointy sticks, swearing, the police, or pepper spray! His cousin had a good one on Sunday over not wanting to eat dinner, maybe it didn't taste good and she needed some pepper spray added to it
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
One good pepper spraying probably went more to giving the kid an attitude adjustment than a hundred "time outs." (Do Not Try This At Home.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Thank you Kenny -
did you see the advert banner at the top of the page - Moody Blues at Red Rocks .....

sorry, didn't read the article ....
Probably the "reunion" / fake/fully authorized actors ...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thinking we might catch them when they play Vegas. They were before my time, but Tim is a fan. Also he likes Bread. The band, not the food.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I guess the police could have reacted like when I was a kid, no I didn't attack my teacher with a pointy stick! The police in those days would have simply walked over and smacked the kid silly, or rather they wouldn't have had to, the parents would have! I find it rather funny that the mother thought the police were being excessive, shooting him might have been a tad over the top, maybe wounding him would have been ok, the little monsters lucky I wasn't there I would put him over my knee like his parents obviously haven't.

"The boy's mother Mandy told 9News that police treated her son like a common criminal. She didn't excuse her son's actions, but said police could have talked him down like officers had done two other times when police were called to the school."

My favorite part, this was the third time! If this was the monsters first offense than I think talking to the him might have been a good idea, but lets face it if this is the third time, he's obviously not learning or the punishment didn't fit the crime.

A lot of my friends used to tell me that there were no bad kids, I beg to differ, some kids like dogs are just plain bad Tongue firmly in cheek!
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #12
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I just saw the child and his mother interviewed on Good Morning America. The kid admits that he "sort of" meant it when he threatened to kill the teachers with the broken stick. He was kind of scary. I don't know what the answer is, but I feel sure that the police would be in even more hot water if they had used the amount of physical force it obviously would have taken to subdue this out-of-control child.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
...he's obviously not learning or the punishment didn't fit the crime.
A large part of it might also be if he is getting home and the first thing he hears is "those awful police being all mean to my little angle wangle...". If it had happened to me I would have gotten home and been met with "Your father will not be happy." Which would have sent me to my room in hysterics, the 2 hour wait for home to get home would have been worse than the actual punishment.

Actually, though, it would never have gotten that far, in school they'd have called Mr Rawles, the shop teacher, he was about 5 feet tall, 5 feet wide with not an ounce of fat, and he used an old boat oar as a paddle. He even had one inch holes drilled in it to reduce wind resistance.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Now he is on The Today Show. Must be lots of fun to be on TV. What a great reward for such a terrific kid! How nice of the networks to encourage his behavior!

OK, now Meredith is asking the mother WFT is wrong with her for defending the little monster, but in a more tactful way.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
A large part of it might also be if he is getting home and the first thing he hears is "those awful police being all mean to my little angle wangle...". If it had happened to me I would have gotten home and been met with "Your father will not be happy." Which would have sent me to my room in hysterics, the 2 hour wait for home to get home would have been worse than the actual punishment.

Actually, though, it would never have gotten that far, in school they'd have called Mr Rawles, the shop teacher, he was about 5 feet tall, 5 feet wide with not an ounce of fat, and he used an old boat oar as a paddle. He even had one inch holes drilled in it to reduce wind resistance.
My mother would have doled out the necessary punishment and it would have been much worse than a little pepper spray, that can be washed off and not brought up for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Now he is on The Today Show. Must be lots of fun to be on TV. What a great reward for such a terrific kid! How nice of the networks to encourage his behavior!

OK, now Meredith is asking the mother WFT is wrong with her for defending the little monster, but in a more tactful way.
I was thinking the same thing. This kid has obviously got it all figured out, he's going to be a little monster and what's his punishment, TV shows and a little celebrity is born. Wonder if Charley Manson was like this as a kid?

I really wonder how this kids home life is, I find it difficult to believe it is normal. If I lived in the kids neighbourhood I would be looking for dead mutilated pets, this kid seems like the poster child for "Serial Killers are us".
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote