Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
PI update window addition

Would it be possible to add a 'Close and Restart Calibre' button to the Plug-In update window, as many plugins when added or updated need calibre to be restarted when installed/updated.

Or as well as the normal 'Close', add a requester that will then restart calibre, much the same as when needed from preferences.

Thanks.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thats an interesting twist of something Kovid and I did discuss a few weeks ago from memory. I re-raised the issue of how plugins should after installation give you the same "Restart calibre now" button on the dialog rather than just telling you to Restart. Just like it does on the Preferences screens. Since the vast majority of plugins that users will install themselves do require a restart of calibre.

Kovid has no issue with it other than finding the time to do it and I've been busy with other things. Your suggestion is another twist to the idea - it would help users who want to install multiple plugins before restarting, but not help users who install plugins via the "Load from File" approach. Perhaps if both were implemented we would have everything covered.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12777
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

@kovid, sorry for double post, I just reported problem in main forum, before even coming here.

I tried installing a PI and then used the 'restart' button but all it did was exit the Plug-In window, it didn't restart calibre.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works for me.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I tried installing a PI and then used the 'restart' button but all it did was exit the Plug-In window, it didn't restart calibre.
I just added a plugin and the restart from the plugin worked great for me. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 64 bit version.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Perkin
Guru

Ahh, found something.

If I go Preferences->Plug-Ins->Get new Plug-ins, and do it from there - it works.
If I go from a Toolbar Icon for 'Plug-in Updates' and do it from there - it doesn't work.

I haven't been able to try from the 'Updates available' link in bottom of window as none of the plug-ins I use has been updated since this, but if it becomes available, I'll try it.

Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I only implemented it for the get new plugins, so that isn't surprising . I'll add that in the next release.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
Perkin
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I only implemented it for the get new plugins, so that isn't surprising . I'll add that in the next release.
Thanks.