Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #646
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
1. Thank you for the info.

2. Offers can only be claimed directly through the Kindle? Can I not redeem them through Amazon online? I haven't really used the experimental web browser on my K3 and have only purchased a book or two directly through the Kindle. All other actions were performed from my PC.
Yeah, you claim the offer through your Kindle. Once claimed, you will get a super-fast e-mail that contains the special offer code, which you would then redeem at Amazon. As for claiming an offer online at Amazon instead of through your Kindle, I didn't think it was possible as I assumed each offer code is specific for a Kindle. Also, I could not find a offer claim section in Manage My Kindle or anywhere else.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #647
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
1. Thank you for the info.

2. Offers can only be claimed directly through the Kindle? Can I not redeem them through Amazon online? I haven't really used the experimental web browser on my K3 and have only purchased a book or two directly through the Kindle. All other actions were performed from my PC.
You're welcome.

You must claim offers from your Kindle. You can't do it from your PC. Also, you only have 4 days to claim them once they appear. If you fail to do so, you'll lose out on those offers.

In my opinion, the web browser is a joke; but others think quite the opposite.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #648
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post
Yeah, you claim the offer through your Kindle. Once claimed, you will get a super-fast e-mail that contains the special offer code, which you would then redeem at Amazon. As for claiming an offer online at Amazon instead of through your Kindle, I didn't think it was possible as I assumed each offer code is specific for a Kindle. Also, I could not find a offer claim section in Manage My Kindle or anywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You're welcome.

You must claim offers from your Kindle. You can't do it from your PC. Also, you only have 4 days to claim them once they appear. If you fail to do so, you'll lose out on those offers.

In my opinion, the web browser is a joke; but others think quite the opposite.
Thank you both!

Claiming them through the Kindle will be okay then, since I can actually redeem them through the website. I just didn't want to have to deal with the Kindle browser itself.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #649
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlrose86 View Post
Hmm, thanks for letting me know about the changes in how the KSO offers are loaded. I'm on a wi fi connection now, and I reset the Kindle again, but the offer isn't showing up. I don't particularly want the headphone offer, I'm just concerned about the offers not loading like they normally would.

I e-mailed CS and it says that I only have 2 offers this week, so I'll give it a day or so before I bother them again. Amazon customer service is usually pretty good, but this time I don't think they understand my problem exactly.
Let us know the outcome.

BTW, welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it around here. This place is huge and the topics vary from really easy stuff to very technical stuff, so it can be quite overwhelming at times. Just pick your comfort level and you'll find plenty of company and things to talk about.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #650
pearlrose86
pearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and the forums have been great at helping me learn how to utilize the Kindle in a way that works best for me.

As far as the special offers issue goes, I'm still stumped. I left the wi fi enabled all night, and still just the two ads in the morning, no special offers. Amazon CS would like to call me to discuss the issue further, but I don't terribly want to do that. I guess I'll give it one more day before I torture myself with a phone call.
pearlrose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #651
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and the forums have been great at helping me learn how to utilize the Kindle in a way that works best for me.

As far as the special offers issue goes, I'm still stumped. I left the wi fi enabled all night, and still just the two ads in the morning, no special offers. Amazon CS would like to call me to discuss the issue further, but I don't terribly want to do that. I guess I'll give it one more day before I torture myself with a phone call.
Have you dealt w/ Kindle support before? I've found them to be quite curtous, knowledgable, and helpful. Although, I've never had a bad experience w/ Amazon support as a whole, the Kindle support people seem to be specifically top notch.

Best of luck w/ the ad issues and welcome to MobileRead!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #652
pearlrose86
pearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Kindle support is generally awesome. My USB cord wasn't charging my kindle properly after I'd only had it for about six weeks, and they sent me a new cord, no questions asked.

I e-mailed again, basically going "My special offers aren't showing up. Period." I think that might have gotten their attention, finally, but it might take three days or so. Which means I'll wait (and hope it corrects itself automatically when it comes time to refresh to the next offer).
pearlrose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #653
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Kindle support is generally awesome. My USB cord wasn't charging my kindle properly after I'd only had it for about six weeks, and they sent me a new cord, no questions asked.

I e-mailed again, basically going "My special offers aren't showing up. Period." I think that might have gotten their attention, finally, but it might take three days or so. Which means I'll wait (and hope it corrects itself automatically when it comes time to refresh to the next offer).
That's quite odd that you're not getting the special offers. I hope they're able to correct that.

And yes, welcome to the forum!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #654
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
How many days before they rotate the offers? Is it every week or a few days. So far I've gotten 3 and was wondering when I get to see a new one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #655
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
How many days before they rotate the offers? Is it every week or a few days. So far I've gotten 3 and was wondering when I get to see a new one.
Usually it's every 4 days. But sometimes they switch it up.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #656
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Offers appear every 4 days like clockwork and have done so ever since the program began (27 Apr 11). The next offer(s) will appear at 12 am PDT 08 Oct.

I keep a list of all offers in the opening post.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #657
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
But sometimes they switch it up.
When did that happen? I don't recall any deviation from the 4 day schedule.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #658
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Offers appear every 4 days like clockwork and have done so ever since the program began (27 Apr 11). The next offer(s) will appear at 12 am PDT 08 Oct.

I keep a list of all offers in the opening post.
Okay thanks! I can't wait to see the next ones. I love good deals!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #659
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
When did that happen? I don't recall any deviation from the 4 day schedule.
Mine don't always show up on schedule, and I have wifi always on. I even sync and check for new items. Maybe it's just a fluke.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #660
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
I understand that you can let Amazon know what types of ads you prefer, and they'll tailor the ads specifically to you. How well does that work?

Sorry, but I don't need Oil of Olay, and don't even care to see those ads.
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote