Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Tuff-Luv PRS-350 Case for Pre-Order

I-nique now has their excellent Napa leather flip-top case with integral stand available for pre-order for the PRS-350 http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...205261188_COPY . Estimated delivery in 30 days. I have two of these cases, one for the 505 and one for the 600, and have been very happy with them.

They also have the same case coming for the 650 http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205285962 .

Last edited by induna; 09-28-2010 at 11:39 PM.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
imho, those cases are for PRS-300 and PRS-600, the description on the site is wrong (look at the pictures).
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
mrdee0
mrdee0 began at the beginning.

Device: mrdee0
I ordered a prs600 and it fits 650 fine so just order that one off ebay for cheap! See my other post where i explain abit more about how it fits.
mrdee0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdee0 View Post
I ordered a prs600 and it fits 650 fine so just order that one off ebay for cheap! See my other post where i explain abit more about how it fits.
How can it be?
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
I have a 600 and the Tuff-Luv cover for it is too big for the 650. If the 650 is all the way down, it cuts off the status line. They have one for the 650 that is available for preorder, but they show a picture of the PRS-600. I'm sure they've done the same thing for the PRS-350 cover that is available for pre-order as the picture for it is for a PRS-350 and they are nowhere near the same.

I'll be ordering one of their covers for my PRS-650 as soon as it is available on Amazon.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluyg View Post
imho, those cases are for PRS-300 and PRS-600, the description on the site is wrong (look at the pictures).
The descriptions are CORRECT, but the pictures are of the old cover. They don't have pictures with the new readers yet.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
The descriptions are CORRECT, but the pictures are of the old cover. They don't have pictures with the new readers yet.
If there is no picture, then there is no new cover yet

And there's no chance that the 650 fit in the old cover
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
jackinca
Connoisseur
jackinca began at the beginning.

Device: sony 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
I-nique now has their excellent Napa leather flip-top case with integral stand available for pre-order for the PRS-350 http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...205261188_COPY . Estimated delivery in 30 days. I have two of these cases, one for the 505 and one for the 600, and have been very happy with them.

They also have the same case coming for the 650 http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205285962 .
I contacted them and they will be making a case for the PRS 950 within 30 days after the 950 is released presumably in November, 2010
jackinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
induna
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post

That is why the covers for the new *50 devices are available for PRE-ORDER. They will not be available for 28 more days. Hence no pictures.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post

Don't be so assertive all the time, especially since most of the time you are wrong, and have already been told so often.

My 650 fits perfectly in my leather case meant for a 600, I got the case at amazon.de but I believe it is available in the UK too. Anyway, here is the link : http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003...ef=oss_product

I did not get a Flip Tuff-Luv because of the leather band upon the buttons, not sure how this works for the 650.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I did not get a Flip Tuff-Luv because of the leather band upon the buttons, not sure how this works for the 650.
That leather band of the PRS-600 cover, covers up the status line at the bottom of the screen on a PRS-650.

I don't mind the leather band if it's in the right spot. I really like the kickstand so I can just prop my reader on my desk or tray table.

Etienne66
Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #12
Joshseadog
Enthusiast
Joshseadog doesn't litterJoshseadog doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-650
See my post for the Navitech cases yesterday, 650 fits into this one no problem, the quality is great and it's half the cost of the Tuff Luv.
Joshseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
etienne66
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshseadog View Post
See my post for the Navitech cases yesterday, 650 fits into this one no problem, the quality is great and it's half the cost of the Tuff Luv.
The Navitech case looks nice, but I don't see a kickstand like the Tuff-Luv. That is the main reason I want the Tuff-Luv case.

Etienne66
Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
Joshseadog
Enthusiast
Joshseadog doesn't litterJoshseadog doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-650
Yep you are right no kickstand, good case otherwise. Best of luck, if my case is anything to go by then 650 should fit 600 Tuff Luv case.
Joshseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
etienne66
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshseadog View Post
Yep you are right no kickstand, good case otherwise. Best of luck, if my case is anything to go by then 650 should fit 600 Tuff Luv case.
Unfortunately, no. I have a Tuff-Luv case for my PRS-600. That leather band that is above the buttons on the PRS-600 cover, covers up the status line at the bottom of the screen on a PRS-650.

Etienne66