Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
I recall reading a thread about it, but I tried some commands that were mentioned there and none worked on my device... Maybe I just tried the wrong ones. Can you point me the right command?
Code:
dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1;exit
for K3
Code:
dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I know this was required on the K3, but is it really on the KT? So far, every change I did via command line/scp/whatnot that would affect the home display was picked up by the UI within seconds.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I know this was required on the K3, but is it really on the KT? So far, every change I did via command line/scp/whatnot that would affect the home display was picked up by the UI within seconds.
Didn't try on KT hence don't know. I found it on this thread

BTW: On this same thread just two post above there is a sftp tool (original thread.) Is there a use of it on KT apart from syncing?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I tried this command when I uploaded some update.bin packages. It didn't work.
Maybe it works for books, I didn't check it.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
FrigoCoder
FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Found an ftpd daemon on my Kindle Touch (who knows if it was there before the jailbreak), but could not start it, there was no inetd which is apparently needed to start it. There is nothing on it that supports SFTP.

Only way to access it on the network is via SCP or SSH. Unfortunately Total Commander has zero support of such, and WinSCP is not as handy

Also, I was kicked a few times when I was accessing it through WinSCP, I'm not sure if it was because Kindle going to sleep and perhaps switching off wifi, lack of mntroot rw, or some other reason. So beware, USB access is still the most reliable.
FrigoCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@FrigoCoder: There's a busybox binary with a standalone ftpd applet in the K4 usbnet packages (you'll have to rip it from the K4 package with KindleTool, the binaries in the src folder are targeted at older devices), along with an sftp-server binary that should work across every FW (check the wiki to confirm the path where dropbear will look for it).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-02-2012 at 09:24 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote