VP_
VP_ began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100, Sony PRS-500, Eten G500+
Any news ?
VP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #62
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I have seen and heard Nothing!!!!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I just up and called them on the phone -- talked to a real live person and everything!

There's good news and bad news:

The good news is that the nice lady told me that they are planning to put the new product they have developed specifically for the Reader up on their website today or tomorrow (probably overnight).

The bad news is that it's not an actual wedge, but rather a clip on, flexible neck kind of approach (that's a close paraphrase, though not a quote). I'm not sure from her description exactly what to expect from that, but I'm guessing it's some sort of variation on their flex neck reading light model.

I guess we'll see pretty soon either way.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #64
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well that is sort of a bummer..
Thanks for the update. I just checked, haven't seen anything new yet.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #65
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks for taking one for the team Natch!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #66
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A wedge light that fits well on the Reader would be so awesome, but that other light is going to be great. I liked the sample light we saw at Sony, and I'm also getting use out of my clip on Z-light that I got from a Borders store. So I'm looking forward to seeing how much people like that light.

I think the only issue will be how much of the screen can be lit up properly without causing glare from the lamp reflection. But even with the less flexible z-light, it works pretty well.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Thanks for taking one for the team Natch!
Not a big deal -- I've got so many 'roll-over' minutes banked with Cingular that I literally can't use them all.

Besides, I figure if they're going to provide me with the number, I ought to oblige them by calling it.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #68
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It's a bummer I'm not in plastics. I could incorporate a wedge spring loaded into one of my boxes. Arrrrgh!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #69
NatCh
Gizmologist

Aw, c'mon, yvanleterrible ... I still chuckle over your blowtorch post.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #70
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I just up and called them on the phone -- talked to a real live person and everything!

There's good news and bad news:

The good news is that the nice lady told me that they are planning to put the new product they have developed specifically for the Reader up on their website today or tomorrow (probably overnight).

I guess we'll see pretty soon either way.
Me thinks they just said that to say that. I am still checking and have yet to see anything new on the clip on's.. I may just get that light that is rechargeable because I just thought I have a fish over on a table all alone and sort of has no light as times, I could use this for her light and then recharge it when needed and use to read in the dark when needed, LOL.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #71
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I may just get that light that is rechargeable because I just thought I have a fish over on a table all alone and sort of has no light as times, I could use this for her light and then recharge it when needed and use to read in the dark when needed, LOL.
I've been tempted for some time now to get it. If you do, please let us know how your fish likes it.

Oh, yeah, also how you like it for reading. Is it bright enough, and does it cover the screen evenly?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #72
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I still don't see how they CAN'T design a good light wedge for the Reader. It screams for it, eink NEEDS it. Considering there are no buttons on the right side and and that the magnets are there also, it would be so easy to mold a one piece plastic wedge! It would fit like a glove.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #73
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff
I've been tempted for some time now to get it. If you do, please let us know how your fish likes it.

Oh, yeah, also how you like it for reading. Is it bright enough, and does it cover the screen evenly?
I do think someone around here has that rechargeable one already, perhaps it was BOB?

Oh I am sure the fish would like it enough, LMAO...... still trying to find a place to situate her actually. Now she is plopped on the bookshelf where she is getting plenty of the morning sun shining through.

I already do have small little clip on I bought at Barnes and Noble, simlilar to one of the ones that bigger and brighter has, the gooseneck type one, although Mine I think is smaller. There is a picture of it floating around here somewhere under one of these lightwedge threads.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #74
Howitzer
Howitzer began at the beginning.

Smile LightWedge launches Flex Neck light for Sony Reader

LightWedge is now selling an all black Flex Neck designed for the Sony Reader. It has a rubberized feel to the clip and looks terrific. Here is the link on their website

http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/boo...P-02-1164.html
Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #75
Howitzer
Howitzer began at the beginning.

LightWedge launches Flex Neck for Sony Reader

The all black Flex Neck is now for sale at www.biggerandbrighter.com

http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/boo...P-02-1164.html

The clip has a rubberized feel and works great on the Reader!
Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote