Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #16
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
His Father's Son was very different from his previous books. I put it down and wasn't sure how I felt about it at first. I think it threw me for a loop without the sinister creatures (although I do wonder about his obsession with spooky clowns and carnivals- can you ask him if he has a fear of clowns )being involved that I have been used to from Bentley Little's books. It was dark though in the way it shows how evil man can be

It is so hard for me to pick a favorite book of his. My first BL read was The Resort which I only picked up because on the cover it stated there was a money back guarentee if you didn't enjoy the book. I never even looked into the horror or thriller section of the book stores for my reads, but it happened to be on an end cap, misplaced by a customer I believe.

I picked it up and took it home. Had it finished that day. I just couldn't put it down. And then I immediately had to go back to the store the next day to buy up some more BL books and continue to do so as soon as a new one comes out

Fighting for top favorites are: The House, The Resort, The Store, The Association and The Town.

BTW, I pick up The Farm & They Hunger this week at my local Borders. I can not wait to read them
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote