Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
T-bag
T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.T-bag has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hanlin V3 firmware V1.27 released - adds encrypted PDF support

I just update my device. The Lit, Ppt and encrypted PDF format are well supported now.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp

V3 update Hanlin V1.27 description:

1. Improve HTML format.
2. Improve PDF format, support encrypted PDF file.
3. Improve PNG display effect.
4. Update the new parser of FB2.
5. Optimize the menus of Ukraine, Russian, Turkish and Bulgarian languages.
6. Use the Founder Font Library to replace the current Chinese font library.
7. Add the menu of Hungarian language.
8. Support lit and ppt files.

How to read encrypted PDF file

For example, a PDF file named a.pdf, open a notepad file, and enter into the password and save the file as a.pwd file. Copy the a.pwd file into the same folder of a.pdf file, then the encrypted a.pdf file can be read.

Last edited by T-bag; 07-23-2008 at 08:42 PM.
T-bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Fake51
Enthusiast
Fake51 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
Quick note to people trying to download this: Google/Firefox doesn't like jinke.com.cn at the moment, so you might not be able to download anything. In that case, try this link http://61.181.14.184:8088/RetailWeb/...N-20080707.rar - should be the direct link to the file.

Regards
Fake
Fake51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Hanlin V3 will now read MS Reader eBooks? With or Without DRM?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
It looks like MobiPocket support has gone AWOL in this release. Wonder if it's due to an oversight, too many bugs or some kind of licensing problem?
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
So has anyone tried a lit file yet? If this is true, I just may be ordering one soon.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I've tried a lit file downloaded from the Baen Library. It opens fine, but the viewer isn't ideal imo. As with the epub viewer, if you zoom in a little, the text doesn't reflow correctly.

I think the viewer app needs improving before epub or lit are real format choices on the Hanlin.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
lightninga
lightninga began at the beginning.

Device: V3
I will get my Hanllin V3 soon, it is on the way to my home! I will try this on my device, anyway, this is a fantastic updating!
lightninga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
casimirocardoso
casimirocardoso began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
I'm on a mac, running Leopard, and I'm damned if I can unzip those damn cpgz files. I've tried renaming then as zip but zip. In extremis, my Bebook is working fine and I can use Stanza to tame lits and other strange files. All the best to all!
casimirocardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
New experimental firmware: http://www.savefile.com/files/1750456
This firmware contains updated CoolReader plug-in (responsible for FB2, TXT, RTF and - now - epub file formats).
What's new in CoolReader:
- epub support (experimental)
- faster page formatting (up to 20%)
- text alignment improvements
- better txt format recognition (and possibility to view txt files without any formatting)
- for series in bookshelf: switched number and name (#1 Harry Potter)

also (from previous experimental firmwares) - links navigation in fb2 and many, many others!
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #10
pilgarlick
pilgarlick began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Can Hanlin v3 firmware be used on the lBook v3
pilgarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 AM   #11
s52d
iztok
s52d began at the beginning.

Device: lbook
Yes, same HW, you can change SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgarlick View Post
Can Hanlin v3 firmware be used on the lBook v3
Yes. I did it on mine.
s52d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #12
pilgarlick

Mine freezes and I have to remove battery and reflash lbook firmware
Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
I have the Lbook as well and so far I've used firmware from Jinke, lbook, bebook & openinkpot; everything worked.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
I have the Lbook as well and so far I've used firmware from Jinke, lbook, bebook & openinkpot; everything worked.
You must have the 64 mb version. The OpenInkpot firmware is not supposed to work with the newer 512 mb Hanlin V3 variations. I know, I tried. How did it look on your V3?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #15
pilgarlick

How can you tell which version you have. Re firmware could I have a corrupted Jinke bin file ?