Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
gmarco
gmarco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibre 0.7.49 and white background

Hi all,

I have used the new version to convert a couple of books (source in ODT and EPUB) in MOBI format.

The conversion looks good, but it uses a white bgcolor everywhere.
Not a big iussue if you use a default white bg color in the reader, but if you use something different like sepia you got the text in a reverse white :-)

The xml seems full of tag like this:
<span bgcolor="#fff">

If I converted from the sources in TXT and then to MOBI obviusly I don't get the white bg and everything is fine.

I am not sure if it is an iussue of the 0.7.49 release (or 0.7.48) because with 0.7.47 it seems to me I never seen this problem.

Thanks for attention
gmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarco View Post
I have used the new version to convert a couple of books (source in ODT and EPUB) in MOBI format.

The conversion looks good, but it uses a white bgcolor everywhere.
Not a big iussue if you use a default white bg color in the reader, but if you use something different like sepia you got the text in a reverse white :-)

The xml seems full of tag like this:
<span bgcolor="#fff">
Calibre doesn't add background color. This means either your source document has the background color embedded in it or you have added background color to your extra CSS area.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert