Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
New ebook price comparison site: AddAll Ebooks (MetaEbooks.com)

We need your feedback / suggestion for our new ebook price comparison site,
for those who have known AddAll.com, here's the URL:
http://ebooks.addall.com

for those who don't know addall.com, here's the name which maybe easier to remember:
http://MetaEbooks.com

MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #2
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Spelling

I tried your site, good idea.

I used Jim Butcher's White Night as a test. Unfortunately I spelled it White Knight. Your site returned "Not in any data bases" It would have been nice if it said something along the lines of "Not in any data bases but, Jim Butcher has, blah, blah" Maybe I'm to used to Google helping me out.

Also it would cut down on the clutter if you just returned the lowest price from each site. For instance, BooksonBoard, for some inexplicable reason has the above ebook listed at seven something and also at twenty two and change. Why, I have know idea. I believe it is because rather than remove the higher priced new releases, they just add the lower priced one as it becomes available. It would be easier on the eyes if you did remove the higher priced one from your returns. I can't believe anyone is going to be using your site to look for the most expensive version.

Just my thought, good luck and I will be using your site in the future.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Good idea- I'll give it a good try. And the more price comparisons we have, the better we can choose
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
If life continues as it has been recently there will also be a need to introduce another search criterion - "are their any geographical restrictions on this e-book" !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
If life continues as it has been recently there will also be a need to introduce another search criterion - "are their any geographical restrictions on this e-book" !
And for which part of the world. They're really complicating our life (and the search process, of course).
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
Also it would cut down on the clutter if you just returned the lowest price from each site. For instance, BooksonBoard, for some inexplicable reason has the above ebook listed at seven something and also at twenty two and change. Why, I have know idea. I believe it is because rather than remove the higher priced new releases, they just add the lower priced one as it becomes available. It would be easier on the eyes if you did remove the higher priced one from your returns. I can't believe anyone is going to be using your site to look for the most expensive version.
I have just changed the default sorting by "Price" instead of "Title".
Hopefully that can create less confusion.

Quote:
Just my thought, good luck and I will be using your site in the future.
Regards, Daryl
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I searched on Author: Steven King & Title "The Stand" and got no hits at all. Then I searched on Author: King and Title: "The Stand" and got lots of hits.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
You spelled his name wrong. it is Stephen. It brings up many hits then.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
For instance, BooksonBoard, for some inexplicable reason has the above ebook listed at seven something and also at twenty two and change. Why, I have know idea. I believe it is because rather than remove the higher priced new releases, they just add the lower priced one as it becomes available.
$7.55 version:
Roc
Published: Tuesday, April 3, 2007
A sensational addition to the Dresden Files adventures-from a USA Today bestselling author. Professional wizard Harry Dresden is investigating a series of deaths in Chicago. Someone is killing practitioners of magic, those incapable of becoming full-fledged wizards. Shockingly, all the evidence points to Harry's half-brother, Thomas, as the murderer. Determined to clear his sibling's name, Harry uncovers a conspiracy within the White Council of Wizards that threatens not only him, but his nearest and dearest, too...increasingly significant threat to Western power.

$22.63 version:
Penguin Group USA, Inc.
Published: Wednesday, November 12, 2008
A sensational addition to the Dresden Files adventures-from a USA Today bestselling author.

Professional wizard Harry Dresden is investigating a series of deaths in Chicago. Someone is killing practitioners of magic, those incapable of becoming full-fledged wizards. Shockingly, all the evidence points to Harry's half-brother, Thomas, as the murderer. Determined to clear his sibling's name, Harry uncovers a conspiracy within the White Council of Wizards that threatens not only him, but his nearest and dearest, too...

It looks like the more expensive one is more recent, after it became popular. No hint of what the differences between the two different publishers' versions might be.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #10
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
I've read the book. The only difference I could even imagine is the the $22.63version was all you could get when White Night was out in hardcover and the $7.55 version is the what they graciously lowered the ebook price to when the softcover version came out. Just another reason why ebooks should be less expensive than pbooks. No bullshit about higher production costs between hard and soft cover!
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #11
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
More book stores. I found a book, American Gods, cheaper than your search found it here.

Love the idea but casting a bigger net to bring back all the options would be better in my opinion. Again great idea, and love what you already have.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

2 more stores added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
More book stores. I found a book, American Gods, cheaper than your search found it here.

Love the idea but casting a bigger net to bring back all the options would be better in my opinion. Again great idea, and love what you already have.
technically harpersollinsebooks.com is kind of challenging for me to add. I may get back to it later.

Diesel ebooks and Waterstones were added.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #13
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

One more popular site has been added, Borders UK.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thumbs up

Fine, quick and efficient. I appreciate they included free e-books.

If I may, I'd like they could remember our format preferences (only epub, only Sony ...) . Cookies are expensive?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Fine, quick and efficient. I appreciate they included free e-books.

If I may, I'd like they could remember our format preferences (only epub, only Sony ...) . Cookies are expensive?
That can be done if you turn on the advanced options:
AddAll Ebooks front page -> "Show advanced options"
your format, site, currency and sorting order preferences will be remembered.
Delicious cookies can be delivered with no charge.

Last edited by MetaEbooks; 11-05-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Tags
ebook price comparison, metaebooks