Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
I ran over it with my car

I'll bet you haven't heard that one before. Long story but the KF was in a gray case, same color as the street. It was raining which camouflaged it further. It was awful. I'm getting the same model for $100.00. I did not know that the new ones were going to be released so soon or I might have held out for an HD or the 8.9 inch model. Oh well. I've been nuts without it.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh my word! So sorry to hear about that.

The prices for the original ones should be interesting. You shouldn't have any issues finding one a little over $100.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

It came today. Thank goodness.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Gee, when I read the title of the thread I thought it was a brilliant plan to get a new Fire HD!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
iPatty
Zealot

I know, I should have held out for that.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm at a loss. I don't even know how that would happen.

Just one more strange thing to happen to someone's gadgets.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
iPatty
Zealot

Too easy as a matter of fact. Miserable weather and being tired from night work didn't help.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I was hoping this ended with the Fire being OK. My wife has run over two cell phones so far...
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
that was fun

does it feature a gorilla glass cover? Would be fun it were all wrecked but the cover ok...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I don't know why you did not call Amazon customer service to see if it could be fixed.

iPatty, I have to admit I was intrigued. In all the years I have been reading Kindle forums, I have seen sad tales of one being dropped on the floor, being sat upon, even dropped into a toilet, but I have to admit you are unique in the annals of Kindledom.

Last edited by KlondikeGeoff; 09-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I don't know why you did not call Amazon customer service to see if it could be fixed.
I wonder if they keep a list of all the things that happen to there readers? I think it would be a hoot to see a list of all of the indignity's, that they have suffered. Ran over by cars, dog ate it etc. They have been out long enough , I would bet one or two have been dropped out of aircraft by now?

Have found that if it can happen, it will happen! When it comes to people.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post

iPatty, I have to admit I was intrigued. In all the years I have been reading Kindle forums, I have seen sad tales of one being dropped on the floor, being sat upon, even dropped into a toilet, but I have to admit you are unique in the annals of Kindledom.

I did call. The inner screen was cracked plus it wouldn't turn on. I was happy to get the refurb.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
that was fun

does it feature a gorilla glass cover? Would be fun it were all wrecked but the cover ok...
The inner screen was cracked the outer screen was fine and it was full of water. It was lying in the street for a few days of rain. <sigh>