Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Their website says nothing, so do they require any proof of your current or ex military status?
They ask for your Service ID Number and I think the Branch you serve(d). It's been so long ago since I got the card.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They ask for your Service ID Number and I think the Branch you serve(d). It's been so long ago since I got the card.
They might consider putting that info on the application. As is, someone will say yes in the blank and the library will return the app asking for more information. That not only wastes everyone's time, but it delays getting the card.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They might consider putting that info on the application. As is, someone will say yes in the blank and the library will return the app asking for more information. That not only wastes everyone's time, but it delays getting the card.
It was on the online form I filled out. I didn't have to send anything in. I just filled out the form and in 10 days I got my card.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It was on the online form I filled out. I didn't have to send anything in. I just filled out the form and in 10 days I got my card.
I was looking at a mail-in form. Anyway, just looked at the online form and still don't see any place for the info. Unless they ask for it on a separate page after you submit your personal info.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I was looking at a mail-in form. Anyway, just looked at the online form and still don't see any place for the info. Unless they ask for it on a separate page after you submit your personal info.
When you scroll to the bottom of this page before you fill out a form.

Quote:
Registration Requirements
  • Please select one:
  • I live, work, go to school, or pay taxes in the city of Philadelphia
  • I am 65 years old or older
  • I have an Access PA sticker from another Pennsylvania library
  • I am a veteran or member of the Armed Services
  • none of the above
NEXT
You just choose the Second to last option and it gives you a place to fill all that out.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #21
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Anyone else tried to log in today?
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Anyone else tried to log in today?
It's down, there is a message on the account page of FLP.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Ridiculous, yes, but that was due to their antiquated system. During a phone call earlier this year with the FLP I was told the system was being updated to allow online renewals of one's account. I know for a fact that they have the capability since they made it available for me during the conversation. I do not know, however, if it has been officially activated yet.

If it is close to renewal time, go to the main home page of FLP (not Overdrive), login to "My Account," scroll to the bottom and look under "My Bills." This is where the renewal amount would appear with a link for payment.
I wish this was in effect already. I am 18 days away from my expiration date. It was my first card from FLP and they wrote it down on the card when they send it to me. It just says I have no bills. Do I have to be closer to the date than 18 days? I guess I have to send in a check again. I don't want to wait and then have my account locked and my wishlists and such disappear. Online pay would make it so much easier.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Glad I saw this thread. Getting my dad to get one since he's over 65.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Navy Library is a good alternative . . .

. . . for current and retired Navy and Marines. See http://navy.lib.overdrive.com/E83C5D...en/Default.htm

I probably shouldn't be sharing this because it will increase borrowing rates, but I find many ebooks with long waiting lists at my local public library are immediately available on the Navy site.

Thanks to all who serve(d) and US taxpayers, too!
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
. . . for current and retired Navy and Marines. See http://navy.lib.overdrive.com/E83C5D...en/Default.htm

I probably shouldn't be sharing this because it will increase borrowing rates, but I find many ebooks with long waiting lists at my local public library are immediately available on the Navy site.

Thanks to all who serve(d) and US taxpayers, too!
Birmingham, AL straddles the county line (but is primarily in Jefferson County), and I live in Shelby county. Since I live in the city of Birmingham, I get access to Jefferson County's library, but because I live in Shelby County, I also have access to its library. I find that Shelby County's waiting lists are shorter than Jefferson's.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #27
hwlester
Wizard

Wow, their collection has got to be one of the most complete Overdrive collections I've ever seen. I have or have had access to four different library consortium collections (one which was shared by almost all of the libraries in Tennessee), and this one has many more ebooks and audio books and is more complete for several of the series I've checked.