Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN3AKYf0x View Post
I'm up the this virtual enter key thing and for the life of me i cannot figure out what it is or where to find it, to my knowledge my kindle jail broke fine and i managed to update with USBnet fine aswell, but this virtual enter thing is absolutely doing my head in, can someone tell me where to look I've been at this for the past 10 hours just trying to change my screensaver, any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
inb4 its right in front of me and i feel like a idiot
The 'virtual enter' key is the key on the left (next to) the 'Done' key. The 'right angled arrow' key. If you look at your computer keyboard, you 'enter' has the same 'arrow' shape.
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Although that probably deserves some further enhanced documentation

BIG LETTERS?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

does the OP have a 4?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
SN3AKYf0x
SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle K5NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcolor View Post
The 'virtual enter' key is the key on the left (next to) the 'Done' key. The 'right angled arrow' key. If you look at your computer keyboard, you 'enter' has the same 'arrow' shape.
awesome that got it .. now to figure out how to get the screen savers to cycle...
SN3AKYf0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@SN3AKYf0x: That's easy. They don't (not while the device is sleeping, anyway, since it's well, sleeping.).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
SN3AKYf0x
SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.SN3AKYf0x knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle K5NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@SN3AKYf0x: That's easy. They don't (not while the device is sleeping, anyway, since it's well, sleeping.).
woops i ment randomize. they always go in the order they're in on the folder when i turn it on and off, bit of a ocd annoyance but i guess i'll have to deal with it. the "random" blank folder doesnt seem to work either
SN3AKYf0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #22
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
does the OP have a 4?
You meant K4? Yes, I do have a K4 as the title suggested. I thought you knew it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN3AKYf0x View Post
woops i ment randomize. they always go in the order they're in on the folder when i turn it on and off, bit of a ocd annoyance but i guess i'll have to deal with it. the "random" blank folder doesnt seem to work either
Sorry, mate. I am only interested in the vnc stuff, because I am using the kindle for my research project. So, I haven't looked into the screensaver thing. Hence, can't really help you.

But I am sure others like twobobs or NiLuJe will be able to help
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #23
wildcolor
Enthusiast

oh.... btw, a quick question. how do i turn off my usbnetwork? After enabling the usbnetwork, the power button can't turn off the device anymore.

I am now just simply unplug the usb from my PC and device drains the battery for a third overnight.

2nd question is is there an easy way to do the ';debugOn ~usbNetwork ;debugOff'? Because the K4 does not have a keyboard, typing these letters in with virtual keyboard is really a pain in the neck.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #24
twobob

capitalisation is not important. if that helps
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #25
wildcolor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
capitalisation is not important. if that helps
hm... it is helpful. but I know you could do better than that
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
oh.... btw, a quick question. how do i turn off my usbnetwork? After enabling the usbnetwork, the power button can't turn off the device anymore.

I am now just simply unplug the usb from my PC and device drains the battery for a third overnight.

2nd question is is there an easy way to do the ';debugOn ~usbNetwork ;debugOff'? Because the K4 does not have a keyboard, typing these letters in with virtual keyboard is really a pain in the neck.
1) -
Same way you turned it on.

At least that seems to stick in my mind, that the command is a toggle.
Read the script to be sure (or, just try it).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:

I just do ;un to toggle mine. I have not (yet) had problems with leaving ;debugOn active all the time, but it COULD fill the persistent user store partition /var/local faster.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
twobob

^this - think ;un was toggle on later models. Niluje with have to confirm if ~un cuts it.

meh will test on a 3 EDIT: HAH or not... cant even get it to swallow the ~debug calls Must have mangled it.

Give it a go!!

Last edited by twobob; 12-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@SN3AKYf0x: Again, mostly the same answer. "random" shuffles them at *boot*, and "shuffle" at autoreboot (unplug+framework restart), but nothing does it 'live' [because you actually *need* at least a FW restart on the K2/3/4 to pick up changes].
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote