Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
wap502
wap502 began at the beginning.

Device: v3+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumurik View Post
Now I'm downloading this file.
But this filename suggest v3, and PocketPro is v5.
Is that really what I can try?

I also check http://mybebook.com site, but I can't figure out what this firms is for.
this firmvare for V5

http://mybebook.com/update/bebook-mi...l.july2010.zip
wap502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #17
mumurik
mumurik began at the beginning.

Device: librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wap502 View Post
Thank you. I try this firm and work well for Japanese.
But it can't use Skins and can't change pdf reader by long holding button (this is what I want to do. I use XPDF for normal use but for lonely planet, I want to use Adobe PDF to change font size).

I guess modify jotas1- to support Japanese a little better seems the easiest way for my purpose.
mumurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #18
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Quote:
I tried jotas1- with EZ Reader Pocket Pro.
I can't see japanese filename when I check Japanese language setting (and menu also showing empty rect instead of Japanese character).

But when I change language to Chainese (Simplefied Chinese), I can see Japanese filename.
So there must be Japanese (universal?) font there.

Do you have any idea why I can't see Japanese filename when I set language as Japanese?
Asian languages original fonts are still in (V3+ and V5 firmware).

Maybe, can you try to change and select language using Jinke bookshelf skin, and see if that helps?

Anyway, wap502 already checked that full CoolReader from Buggins or Lbook, or the ones included in these mods, don't show later your books Sorry

Last edited by jotas; 07-26-2010 at 05:38 AM.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
mumurik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotas View Post
Asian languages original fonts are still in (V3+ and V5 firmware).

Maybe, can you try to change and select language using Jinke bookshelf skin, and see if that helps?

Anyway, wap502 already checked that full CoolReader from Buggins or Lbook, or the ones included in these mods, don't show later your books Sorry
I try Jinke bookeshelf skin and select language, and it show Japanese character inside menu and filename.
But after I change skin to lbook, Japanese character does not show when I set language as Japanese.

Hmm, interesting. I do not yet extract bin file, so first step might be extract this file and understand what these skin is doing (skinlbook, etc).

By the way, what is the difference between jinke skin and EZ Reader skin?
I can't change PDF reader by long-short press for these skins.
Is that by design?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
mumurik

Quote:
Hmm, interesting. I do not yet extract bin file, so first step might be extract this file and understand what these skin is doing (skinlbook, etc).
I extract v5setup.bin. But I can't find skinjinke under the rofs.v5/jffs2fs.
Where can I find skinjinke?
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #21
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
I was suspecting that. Language number and setting by Lbook skin does not match in order and table for fonts to Jinke ones, then also not correct font showing. Unfortunately, unless Lbook or Buggins fix or add support for that, I can't do nothing about, because there are no bookshelf sources available.

BTW: have you tried to load the new and full CoolReader using the correct setting, font from skin and japanese or chinese books (go also to settings, change font to the one supporting you language, and hyphenation to none)? Does it works?

Quote:
By the way, what is the difference between jinke skin and EZ Reader skin?
For V5: no real difference. But it's funny (and much easier to do) have, like for V3, three skins to choose and switch from

Quote:
I can't change PDF reader by long-short press for these skins. Is that by design?
Yes, only Lbook provide these additional and enhanced options to select alternate readers, as well as to delete and copy files and folders from library.

For non-modified and non-enhanced Jinke factory skins, you can use the menu after loading PDF book, and switch between ADE or xPDF reading.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
mumurik

Quote:
I was suspecting that. Language number and setting by Lbook skin does not match in order and table for fonts to Jinke ones, then also not correct font showing. Unfortunately, unless Lbook or Buggins fix or add support for that, I can't do nothing about, because there are no bookshelf sources available.
I see. Now I understand the previous discussion of this thread.
I don't understand Russian Language, so I do not check Lbook original information...

Quote:
BTW: have you tried to load the new and full CoolReader using the correct setting, font from skin and japanese or chinese books (go also to settings, change font to the one supporting you language, and hyphenation to none)? Does it works?
I don't know much about CoolReader. What format can I try?
What do you mean by the word "new and full"? You mean Windows version?

Quote:
Yes, only Lbook provide these additional and enhanced options to select alternate readers, as well as to delete and copy files and folders from library.
It's a pity... But I see. Thank you for your information.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
mumurik

Quote:
Sorry for late.
Now I understand CoolReader.
I try html and text file to jotas1- firmeware, and can't show any japanese character.
(BeBook firmware show japanese character at the same setting).

What firmware are jotas1- based?
Do you think just replace CoolReader and re-pack fix this problem?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #24
jotas
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry for late.
Now I understand CoolReader.
I try html and text file to jotas1- firmeware, and can't show any japanese character.
(BeBook firmware show japanese character at the same setting).

What firmware are jotas1- based?
Do you think just replace CoolReader and re-pack fix this problem?
Hi,

Maybe, but I don't ever mind to be back to an Jinke-build, old CoolReader, or non-modded one. Even Jinke is starting to copy and include more updated CR3 versions (from Buggins) for some "official" firmware releases and V3+.

Modded "jotas" firmware are a mix of various "official", "non-official", and any available better modules and programs. In fact, really only one firmware exists (other than OpenInkpot for V3): Jinke one.

BTW: better try .fb2 , .rtf , .txt files, these ones are the best working for CR3.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #25
mumurik

OK. Thank you.
Anyway I want jinke to make skin code public...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #26
tocer
tocer began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3+
Quote:
Hi, you need Linux, the firmware pack/unpack tools and scripts, and ... patience.

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=361919#361919

http://home.cbegemot.operaunite.com/...t/Buggins/SDK/
good links. But I dont found how to unpack and mount v3+ filesystem in it. I compile the latest mkv3update and try to create a new script named unpack-v3a by copying from the unpack-v5 script, and add the following lines:

Quote:
#!/bin/bash
echo "unpacking v3asetup.bin"
./mkv3update --unpack-v3a=v3asetup.bin zImage.v3a ro.fs.v3a root.fs.v3a logo.v3a user.fs.v3a
mkdir rootfs.v3a
sudo ./fscramfs_32M -x rootfs.v3a root.fs.v3a
mkdir rofs.v3a
sudo ./fscramfs_32M -x rofs.v3a ro.fs.v3a
I execute the script and find that v3asetup.bin seems to unpack correcttly and root.fs.v3a and ro.fs.v3a can't be extract at all.

jotas, do you mind give me some tips on how to extract or mount root.fs and ro.fs?
tocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #27
Caysho
Caysho began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I am dabbling with this too.

Tonight I just did the following:
I used the V5tools_v1.2.tar.gz from the megaupload link in the Russian thread at the-ebook forum.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "unpacking v3asetup.bin"
./mkv3update --unpack-v5-128=v3asetup.bin zImage.v3a ro.fs.v3a root.fs.v3a logo.v3a user.fs.v3a
sudo ./fscramfs_32M -x rootfs.v3a root.fs.v3a
sudo ./fscramfs_32M -x rofs.v3a ro.fs.v3a
I took tocer's tip of using the v5 script, and it appears to work.
I get:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x 19 root   root        4096 2010-11-20 20:42 rofs.v3a
drwxr-xr-x  4 root   root        4096 2010-11-20 20:42 rootfs.v3a
each with appropriate file systems in them.
Caysho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #28
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Jotas,
Would it be possible to get your fonts J1, J2, J3 which you are using in your mod?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #29
AgentSmith
AgentSmith began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One 2010 (Jinke v3+)
Jotas, would it be possible to make Coolreader the default reader? Would love to see Coolreader being used for ebooks without having to use the popup menu. Thanks for all your effort!!
AgentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote