Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
E-books lack the magic of the real thing - National Times - Sydney Morning Herald

Quote:
Online sales giant Amazon brags that it sold more e-books on Christmas Day than the physical variety. Amazon's own version of the e-book, the dubiously named Kindle, had become “the most gifted item ever in our history”. So said chief executive Jeff Bezos, displaying a disturbing disregard for the English language. The most gifted item ever? I can only shake my head in dismay, look lovingly at my friends sitting nobly on my shelves and promise that I will not betray them.
SMH.com.au Article
Yet another ebook critic
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
SMH.com.au Article
Yet another ebook critic
Don't worry, it's our favorite latter-day Luddite Gabriella. If she had a whit of intelligence, she might be dangerous - but I doubt it!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert