Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Old Dogs are the Best Dogs makes me want a Kindle DX, almost

I just ran across a title in the Kindle book store Old Dogs: Are the Best Dogs. It makes me happy and ultimately sad at the same time as I remember my lost buddies over the years who I miss so very much and also makes me sad that I cannot give a new buddy the care and exercise he or she would need anymore even though I now have the time to really spend with them. Anyway, the photographs look great on Kindle for PC.

http://www.amazon.com/Old-Dogs-Are-B...8208089&sr=1-9

I have to say, I recommend it even if in a way it's just a coffee table type ebook, now there is a strange category of ebook...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dogs are good , and cats are evil.

I understand exactly how you feel: Dogs make good, life-long buddies. In my own experience, fox terriers are loving and sweet animals, and full of affection.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Dogs are good , and cats are evil.
I understand exactly how you feel: Dogs make good, life-long buddies. In my own experience, fox terriers are loving and sweet animals, and full of affection.
Don

I love both. I have a Yorkie that's very cat-like. Loves high places, kitty toys and cuddles. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to cats these days, but I still appreciate their qualities.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I've got 2 older cocker spaniels. One is 15, the other 10 (that's the younger one to the left). Great companions 24 hours a day. Told my wife it's OK if she leaves, just as long as the "girls" (our 2 cockers) stay. Unfortunately, that won't happen -- they both are really momma's girls.

We used to also have a cat. It was great fun to watch the dogs and the cat play chase. The cat would sneak up behind one of the girls, swat her (claws retracted) and run. The swatted dog would chase the cat to the other end of hallway. They'd stop and reverse position -- the cat would now chase the dog back. This would go on for quite some time. When they got tired, they'd all curl up in a huge dog bed together and nap.

Then we moved to a house in the city and installed a pet door for the dogs as part of the remodeling. The dogs didn't quite figure out how it worked until the cat showed them. Then it became a gateway for freedom for the cat. Although we live on a very quiet street with minimal traffic, the cat liked to hunt. one night it went out to hunt and became roadkill.

The only thing I really disliked about the cat (and why I don't have a cat now) is that they go anywhere. I got tired of having the cat walk across my keyboard as I was editing a manuscript.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
All of your posts reminded me of an author who popped in about his dog book on Kindle, Humphrey Was Here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61916
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
The only thing I really disliked about the cat (and why I don't have a cat now) is that they go anywhere. I got tired of having the cat walk across my keyboard as I was editing a manuscript.
Isn't that a cocker spaniel in your avatar? I have the plus size version (springers) and I have to say that they are not overly picky about pushing things out of the way so that they can drape themselves wherever they choose either. In my house that is only further complicated when the shortest path between the springers and the cat is my keyboard... Long story short I'm not sure you are much further ahead by trading in cats for spaniels.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote