Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
Importing tags

When I import books into calibre, I often find that many of the metadata fields are populated, but not the one for tags. I have to run the "download metadata" feature to get any available tags. I have all the standard options checked for "download metadata fields." But is there anything I can do to get the tags when I first import the book? Thanks.
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Joan M - if you mean trigger the download automatically when a book with no tags is added the answer is no, there's no way to do that.

If you do a search for tags:false that will show all books without any tags.

If you mark books as they're added (setting in Preferences->Add Books) then a search of marked:true and tags:false immediately after adding a batch of books will show books just added that have no tags. Select them all (Ctrl+A), do a bulk down load (CTRL+D),

If you're in a Virtual Library that will limit the scope of the searches, so they're best done in the All Books VL.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #3
Joan M
Did someone say Python?
Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Joan M 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Tablet
That's a big help. Thanks, BetterRed! I hate doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote