Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
My personal opinion is that I don't care about the secondary authors.

Which is why my solution simply pretends the secondary authors don't exist.
You wouldn't be able to search on them.

For anthologies this can become awkward, naturally.

Still, I can't really think of a better solution.

EDIT: If you really wanted to, you could make the secondary authors go in a subfolder of the main author. Personally, I don't like that idea -- it seems like it would just make things too complicated...

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-13-2016 at 01:45 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #17
marconique
marconique began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
thanks again eschwartz or should I call you "Speedy Gonzales" as you are so fast to answer me ???

I think your solution would be ok but the only thing is that when it comes to comic books , I'm used to search in both ways .... sometime I'll search for the author and sometime i searched for the illustrator (I list both of them as co-authors using a "&" to separate them )

do you think that I could do this differently and getting the same result (ex: maybe if I create a new column for the illustrators names / second author name ???)

thanks again Speedy
marconique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might look at Calibre Companion if your device runs Android.

Chaley added a connect to Cloud feature
IIRC That uses a Standard Calibre Library Structure (A copy of the Library)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #19
marconique
marconique began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
@ theducks : thanks for the tip

I have an Android device but it's almost dying so I'll need to change really soon and I'm supposed to be able to have access to using an apple device soon ...

i'll look for Calibre companion until then to see how it works ...
marconique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps if you just used {authors} at the end, it would be good enough -- remove the secondary authors from the name of the folder, but leave it in the name of the actual ebook file.

You can search for the additional authors in the filename, but quickly navigate through the folders using only the primary author.

This is exactly why using mere filenames is not quite as good as a proper metadata-based approach using a library management program.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@marconique - notwithstanding what other responders have posted, here's something you should perhaps consider.

Would you regard the 'personal' folder structure you have in the cloud as the backup source for your calibre library

If so, have you
  • devised a process for using it as a recovery source should your calibre library become unusable (eg device fail),
  • have you documented the process,
  • have you tested the process.
The only reason one does backups is to enable one do to a restore. At the time of wanting to do a restore one is almost invariably stressed, and it's hopefully not something one needs to do often, so doing a restore should be as simple as possible to execute.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-13-2016 at 07:50 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote