Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
onlystarlight
onlystarlight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Strange error

I downloaded Calibre and when I try to convert gauge books from one format to another (I want to do it .mobi) jumps me the following error:

I don't know what I can do...

Help me please!!!!
onlystarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlystarlight View Post
I downloaded Calibre and when I try to convert gauge books from one format to another (I want to do it .mobi) jumps me the following error:

I don't know what I can do...

Help me please!!!!
What is a Gauge book? 3mm, 50Lbs 3/4 Full

Oh, can we see the Error Message please?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you go to the URL http://subefotos.com/ver/?c27da23358...5683c0c36o.jpg you can see the picture
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you go to the URL http://subefotos.com/ver/?c27da23358...5683c0c36o.jpg you can see the picture
I will bite!
How did you know where the error message picture was?

That screen shot say the Originating file is PDF
The rest, I do not know much about other than it is complaining about invalid for UTF-8 encoding in a certain position.
Damaged? DRM?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates a temp file dir that has on ascii characters. Try setting the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment variable to a simple directory like c:\temp
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Me is PSYCHO... NO... I meant PSYCHIC....

LOL... I right clicked on the missing icon and selected "Copy Image URL".
Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Me is PSYCHO... NO... I meant PSYCHIC....

LOL... I right clicked on the missing icon and selected "Copy Image URL".
Firefox showed nothing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invisible link.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	73913  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Firefox showed nothing
Interesting FireFox behavior! Now that I try FF I will admit, no sign of the missing picture! However, both Chrome and IE do show a little box indicating a missing picture.