Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
bombadilio
bombadilio began at the beginning.

Device: kindole
Calibre wont install from previous version

When I install when it gets to:

I get this error:

An error occurred while attempting to create teh directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu.

I am using win7 64bit and I have the previous version of Calibre .8.38 any ideas?
bombadilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadilio View Post
When I install when it gets to:

I get this error:

An error occurred while attempting to create teh directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu.

I am using win7 64bit and I have the previous version of Calibre .8.38 any ideas?
Down grading (rev) installs need an Un-install first. this leaves the Library intact
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try running the calibre installer as administrator (right-click and "run as administrator").
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote