Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Minimizing the 'Please wait' box..

Hello,
I already posted a reply about this issue on the Mackx's patch thread but I'd like to hear voices about it from many users so I post it here too..
Whenever the device is loading the page, the current loading box covers too much area now and this is an inconvenience for me.
Please see the attached picture and let me know if it is possible to change like this..
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the changed loading box.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	927.5 KB
ID:	70156  
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I've briefly looked at it (I think the code for the dialog is in /Irex/libs/ergtk/src/ergtkbusydialog.c), but this is beyond my capabilities...
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
I have commented out one line of code for not showing this dialog at all; light indicator is sufficient to show a busy status.

Working solution with minimal changes to the code: comment out the line popupmenu/src/dialog.c:7465 . This is in the method dialog_wait_show(...), call gtk_widget_show(dialog_wait).
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
That is indeed an elegant approach. bokjeid has too many requests/improvement proposals it is hard to keep up with them .
I have a version 0.10 ready of the dr1000-hackx (also know as MackxPatch) I will release it soon so I get my 'main'-line free for implementing the feature proposals and implementation ideas that are made here in the forum the past weeks.

Edit: I noticed in the picture that bokjeid has his/her top-led covered with some tape, so not showing the dialog might not help bokjeid .

Last edited by Mackx; 04-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
I have commented out one line of code for not showing this dialog at all; light indicator is sufficient to show a busy status.

Working solution with minimal changes to the code: comment out the line popupmenu/src/dialog.c:7465 . This is in the method dialog_wait_show(...), call gtk_widget_show(dialog_wait).
Hello dima_tr,
Yes, to hide the dialog box at all is also a good solution.
In my opinion,
advantage:a very simple, cool method
disadvantage:sometimes page turning doesn't work so we have to push the button again - we can't differentiate it from this case with the covered led.

Anyway, could you upload the file for it please? It'll be helpful for many users, I assume..

ps. Can we turn off the led, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
That is indeed an elegant approach. bokjeid has too many requests/improvement proposals it is hard to keep up with them .
I have a version 0.10 ready of the dr1000-hackx (also know as MackxPatch) I will release it soon so I get my 'main'-line free for implementing the feature proposals and implementation ideas that are made here in the forum the past weeks.

Edit: I noticed in the picture that bokjeid has his/her top-led covered with some tape, so not showing the dialog might not help bokjeid .
Well, all of proposals here help make our device become more advanced, you know, Mackx. I assume that this would be the very forte of DR1000S.. And you don't have to think of my posts seriously, of course. I just post what I think would help for other users as well.

And even no dialog box is better than it is now, at least for me. I use DR1000S for PDF mostly so the dialog box appears too frequently every time - too bothering it is. The flickering led light, too. So I should have covered the led. But I couldn't remove the dialog box hh;;

Last edited by bokjeid; 04-20-2011 at 10:02 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi bokje,

I uploaded a new dr1000-hackx update with a configurable wait-dialog and with configurable top-led behaviour.

Hope you like it.

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote