Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes. and the lesson to be learned, kids, is this :

if your disquette drive is not working, always turn the ribbon cable around FIRST (before you buy a new one, even if the old one is 10 years old, because for the use it gets it will probably never wear out), even if the light is on and windows can see it, and even if the little tag on the cable is facing up just like on the dvd drive, so it looks like it's in properly. because unlike a dvi plug (or in fact ANY computer hardware plug at all, except this one) the disquette drive ribbon cable can be put in both ways.

further evidence that hardware manufacturers are all sadists.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
You had it plugged in correctly it was just an Australian diskette drive.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
You had it plugged in correctly it was just an Australian diskette drive.

(crazy aussies !!)
Old 11-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #19
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i did that once, had to fix something also in the bias or bios, bad size specified

i thought smoking in france was mandatory, taught to every child in second or third grade
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
i did that once, had to fix something also in the bias or bios, bad size specified
that would be the bios. i only had to modify the boot order in the bios this time. no trouble.
Quote:
i thought smoking in france was mandatory, taught to every child in second or third grade
*used* to be. now it's illegal in public places like cafés : sacrilege, right ? but i admit i prefer it that way... even speaking as an ex-smoker.
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Wow. "Sir Sir Ralph Sir Edward."
Spam Spam Spam Ralph Spam Edward...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

(crazy aussies !!)
(To paraphrase The Simpsons), Hey I may be crazy and I may be an Aussie, but...what was that third one?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #23
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
yes. and the lesson to be learned, kids, is this :

if your disquette drive is not working, always turn the ribbon cable around FIRST (before you buy a new one, even if the old one is 10 years old, because for the use it gets it will probably never wear out), even if the light is on and windows can see it, and even if the little tag on the cable is facing up just like on the dvd drive, so it looks like it's in properly. because unlike a dvi plug (or in fact ANY computer hardware plug at all, except this one) the disquette drive ribbon cable can be put in both ways.

further evidence that hardware manufacturers are all sadists.
Well, if the light on the diskette-drive is on all the time, that is usually an indication that the interfacecable is inserted the wrong way "up", normally a disk-drive usually just lights up when it's being initialized by the bios and/or OS. Then the light goes out until you actually plunk a disk in and start accessing it
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:19 AM   #24
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
"disquettes"?

What is this, 1984? The French version?

Modern versions of ghost support CD boot, and tools like this:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
will serve you better than any "disquettes" :P
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #25
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought "Is there some 1960's Girl group that had upset someone's royal musical sensibilities....

I now eagerly await Marc and Zelda (and others) to post video of a real group called the disquettes.

(And I'm old enough to have used the 8" types... (just!))
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Well, if the light on the diskette-drive is on all the time, that is usually an indication that the interfacecable is inserted the wrong way "up", normally a disk-drive usually just lights up when it's being initialized by the bios and/or OS. Then the light goes out until you actually plunk a disk in and start accessing it
good point. it did seem odd to me but of course i was still operating under the false idea that it was impossible to insert any cable upside down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
"disquettes"?

What is this, 1984? The French version?

Modern versions of ghost support CD boot, and tools like this:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
will serve you better than any "disquettes" :P
so where were you yesterday with this information ? huh ??? see what happens when you leave me to my own devices ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought "Is there some 1960's Girl group that had upset someone's royal musical sensibilities....

I now eagerly await Marc and Zelda (and others) to post video of a real group called the disquettes.

(And I'm old enough to have used the 8" types... (just!))
actually, now i want to see that video too. we may have to form a band just to make our own. i vote for cocktail dresses and choreography !
Old 11-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #27
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
actually, now i want to see that video too. we may have to form a band just to make our own. i vote for cocktail dresses and choreography !
And Marc has to play theremin
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #28
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

I've got a punk version of "I Am The Walrus" floating in my head for use....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
well naturally. no musical endeavor of the llounge llamas would be complete without a theremin (played by marc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I've got a punk version of "I Am The Walrus" flaoting in my head for use....
hey !! i almost forgot about that catchphrase i was trying to launch :

"the original, or the punkrock cover ?"

thanks Sir Sir Ralph Sir Edward !
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #30
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I've got a punk version of "I Am The Walrus" flaoting in my head for use....
Ok, let me get this straight...

Marc, Queen Z, sequin dresses, synchronized dancing, punk version of "I am the Walrus" on theremin.

Oh yeah, I would definitely pay to see THAT!

Tags
aargh, bandaid, cigarette, computers, disquette, farking computers, ghost, hardware, just kill me now, kisstomakeitbetter, mad