Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Multi-html files as chapters...

Evening all,

Pardon me if I'm being dim (can't seem to find this question answered anywhere here!) but is there a simple way of taking multiple html files (each one is a separate chapter of a book) and correctly combining them into a single LRF?

Thanks in advance.

PigglyWiggly
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have one html file that links to all the others, just give html2lrf that file, it will automatically follow links.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can use Book Designer (it's an e-book editor) to combine files manually.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahhaha!

Thank you Mr K, that sounds like I'm sorted...I'm assuming that the linked contents page should suffice in this regard?

Tra

PigWig
Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglePig View Post
Ahhaha!

Thank you Mr K, that sounds like I'm sorted...I'm assuming that the linked contents page should suffice in this regard?

Tra

PigWig
Yeah, if you're using the GUI you should zip up all the files and add the zip file to the GUI, or upgrade to the calibre beta and add the contents page, in which case it should automatically create the zip file for you
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 04:06 AM   #6
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20

Aha again!

I shall give the zipped-file thing a go. I ran half a dozen or so html ebooks through the html2lrf engine last night (command line, of course) and they all worked pretty well. The only downer is that I now have half a dozen perfectly formed ebooks, all called "index". Whoopsies.

Tonight I shall have another go, probably with more reading of the documentation.

Thankies

Cdr W "The Pig" Piggly

Tags
chapter, convert, join, lrf, multiple html