Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Karma and long (-winded?) Comments. I Like!

OK, I've got karma on the brain again.

This time, I've noticed that it is next to impossible to properly scroll back and forth when typing in the 'Comment' that is associated with the Karma given to someone. Makes me, sometimes, want to cut short my (well-thought?) comment. However, others have not been so deterred!

So a question to all those that have received lengthy comments, ....
What is the lengthiest comment, in terms of number of lines of text, that you have received?
In my case, there is a tie for the lengthiest karma comment; it is 4 lines and both from the same person (hint: she resides in Paris and uses an ebookwise 1150 ).

Does this really need to be a Poll? Let's see...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I have a 6-liner from Queen Zee. A 7-liner from her, and a 7-liner from VR. Several 4-liners.

Be not deterred. Terred's are smelly, for one thing. Much better to be alert. The world needs more lerts.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
holy cow, 7 lines ??? how is that even possible ? there's a limit on how many characters you can use in those things. are you sure you counted right ? here's a tip : fingers on one hand, or fingers on both hands ? (i can't remember what i could have said, but now i wish i could read all everybody else's comments...).

i have several 4 line ones, and 3 line ones, and my longest is 5 lines (ex aequo nekokami and cthulhu).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I have one 7 liner from Taylor, one 4 liner, and three 3 liners.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...(i can't remember what i could have said, but now i wish i could read all everybody else's comments...)...
Somehow I have the feeling that the 'time stamp' on that Karma
would have been, I don't know, say about or around 3:00 AM...
Advert
Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
8-liner from NatCh. But it also includes a smilie (without it, it'd be 7 lines).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Somehow I have the feeling that the 'time stamp' on that Karma
would have been, I don't know, say about or around 3:00 AM...
what are you trying to say ? i ramble more at 3 am ? i'll admit to being frequently incoherent and finding nothing amiss in non sequitur land at 3 am, however many many people have commented that my usual mode is verbose : on, whatever the hour. (not everyone appreciates that. *snif*)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-02-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what are you trying to say ? i ramble more at 3 am ? i'll admit to being frequently incoherent and finding nothing amiss in non sequitur land, however many many people have commented that my usual mode is verbose : on. (not everyone appreciates that. *snif*)
No, the rambling (verbose: on) seems pretty much a given at any time.

I was trying to hone in on your comment "i can't remember...", but in retrospect, when "you (meaning *I*) have to explain yourself, you probably shouldn't have gone there".

Luv 'ya just the way you are... :
Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Zee, your comment began "How ironic..." and ended "...for YOUR idea!"
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Zee, your comment began "How ironic..." and ended "...for YOUR idea!"
well, that's cryptic...

actually i have 2 ideas of what that could have been about, although it's pure speculation. and there could be more.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I think my max was 15 lines when someone leaned on the repeat key. Seriously, 2 lines is the max that I remember. I'm not saying that the comments make me feel like a strolling musician at a restaurant that is tipped to go play at a table on the other side of the dining room (although one a while back did sorta strike me that way. )
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I have a six-line comment, several four-line comments and a fair number of people who didn't leave any comment at all. Doubtless they reasoned that actions could speak as loudly as words.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've got a 7-liner from Madam, and two sixes, from T and Zee.

What I find odd is when people so nicely PM me a quick thanks for the Karma, and I think to myself, "Okay...umm, sure. No worries" while desperately trying to remember what I gave them karma for. My short-term memory is not good.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I have a six-line comment, several four-line comments and a fair number of people who didn't leave any comment at all. Doubtless they reasoned that actions could speak as loudly as words.
i have a few without comments as well but they're in the minority, which i'm glad of. after the karma fortunes, my favorite part of karma is the comments. even if actions *do* speak as loudly as words, i still appreciate a good narrative.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:29 AM   #15
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
yvanleterrible sent me the "longest" karma containing four lines.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness