Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
johnm160
johnm160 began at the beginning.

Device: NextBook
Hi Gang, I am going crazy here.

I have a Android based NEXTBOOK that I am using as my ebook reader. This tablet requires books to be transfered with adobe digital editions. When I transfer a book it shows up in the library on the tablet as EPUB, Not very useful when all the books have the same cover.

I use Calibre to mange my library, I converted from mobi to epub then did the epub to epub conversion again to try to get the cover embeded. When I look at the book in adobe it has a cover, I transfer it to the NEXTBOOK and it creates a thumbnail in the digital editions\thumbnails directory in png format but the tablet will not display it.

Any tips on what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks

John
johnm160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Having cover issues with mobi.

I have an ePub file which I want to convert to mobi but also change the cover. However no matter what I try, Kindle (device and app) cannot detect the new cover. The calibre viewer displays the cover ok.

I tried the following:

1. Change meta data in Calibre and assigned a cover from file. Convert to mobi.
2. Edit epub in Sigil and deleted existed cover. While this removed the cover, the new one still doesn't show up in the resulting mobi file.
3. Performed a mobi -> mobi conversion.

I have converted many books before from epub to mobi and I never come across this problem before.

What is the problem?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
I have an ePub file which I want to convert to mobi but also change the cover. However no matter what I try, Kindle (device and app) cannot detect the new cover. The calibre viewer displays the cover ok.
I'm not a Kindle owner so the following may sound obvious, but why do you think the Kindle (device and app) are seeing the cover? Typically the Kindle opens to the first page not the cover, have you tried going back a page to see if the cover is there?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #19
deeplyblue
deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.deeplyblue can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not a Kindle owner so the following may sound obvious, but why do you think the Kindle (device and app) are seeing the cover? Typically the Kindle opens to the first page not the cover, have you tried going back a page to see if the cover is there?
I too am looking for an answer to the same question as the OP, but I can provide one answer to this point:

If you are looking in the "Library list" showing all the books supposedly available to your Kindle, then you have a use for the "cover". In my PC Kindle App, you can look at the books as if they were displayed "cover upwards". This makes it much easier to identify the book you are after, as well as being aesthetically pleasing. My Android tablet produces the Kindle offerings as if on a carousel. Covers matter a lot there.
deeplyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplyblue View Post
I too am looking for an answer to the same question as the OP, but I can provide one answer to this point:

If you are looking in the "Library list" showing all the books supposedly available to your Kindle, then you have a use for the "cover". In my PC Kindle App, you can look at the books as if they were displayed "cover upwards". This makes it much easier to identify the book you are after, as well as being aesthetically pleasing. My Android tablet produces the Kindle offerings as if on a carousel. Covers matter a lot there.
Moderator Notice
The last post in this thread was 2011. Please do not reopen old threads, Calibre (and Kindles) have changed a lot. In the future, if you see the last post is more than a few months old, start a New Thread (button is near the top).
Thank you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, epub, image, metadata, mobi