Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Adding Fonts to an xhtml page

Found Sigil a nice piece of software, now to get a bit busier as I need to add two separate fonts to an epub file or Sigil xhtml pages.

I know the declaration is

@font-face {
font-family: "name";
src: url(fonts/name.ttf);
}

I know to make sure I have the fonts loaded in the folder. But if I have all the chapter titles baskerville and the paragraph font century gothic for all the pages do I simply add two declarations with the different font names in EACH xhtml page?

To make it a bit easier how would the following code look like with

Hello ( font is baskerville)

goodbye (font is century gothic)

Below is what I have now I guess the sgc1 sgc2 is the default font in Sigil?

So the new font would have its own <div class>?

<body>
<div>
<div class="sgc-1 sgc-2">
Hello
</div>

<div>
<div class="sgc-2">
Goodbye
</div>
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
Found Sigil a nice piece of software, now to get a bit busier as I need to add two separate fonts to an epub file or Sigil xhtml pages.

I know the declaration is

@font-face {
font-family: "name";
src: url(../Fonts/name.ttf);
}

I know to make sure I have the fonts loaded in the folder. But if I have all the chapter titles baskerville and the paragraph font century gothic for all the pages do I simply add two declarations with the different font names in EACH xhtml page?

To make it a bit easier how would the following code look like with

Hello ( font is baskerville)

goodbye (font is century gothic)

Below is what I have now I guess the sgc1 sgc2 is the default font in Sigil?

<body>
<div>
<div class="sgc-1 sgc-2">
Hello
</div>

<div>
<div class="sgc-2">
Goodbye
</div>
1)The path is relative, thus the ../
2)the path is case sensitive: the fonts folder is Fonts
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
do I simply add two declarations with the different font names in EACH xhtml page?

It doesn't have to be a div tag. You could assign it to the <body> element if all the basic text should use a particular font. Or you could just assign it to all heading tags (if you want the headings to stand out from the rest of the text). Or you can assign it to a specific span class. The sky is the limit really.

But whatever you do... do it in one place: the external CSS stylesheet that all your xhtml files share. Not in each individual xhtml file. That would exponentially increase your work should you ever need to make (otherwise) simple changes.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-31-2012 at 08:10 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Make sure these are embeddable fonts, as these particular names are used by proprietary type companies.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Excellent but if I use an external css style sheet do I:

put it in the styles folder?

add the css to the head of each .xhtml page in the project?

??

RD
Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes... and yes.

The stylesheet goes in the Styles folder. And you link each xhtml file (that you want to use it) to that stylesheet with:

Code:
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet-name.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
in the head section.

If you have a lot of xhtml files, it's fairly painless to pop the <link /> tag in with Sigil's Find and Replace utility. If you don't have any stylesheets already, just find </head> and replace it with:

Code:
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet-name.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /></head>
"All HTML Files" or "Selected HTML files"
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
ralphiedee
Zealot

Nice!

thx

RD