Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Sunflower2
Sunflower2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Stuck at Adding Plugins

I am following the instructions in Alf's Blog from Jan 13. I am stuck at #8 "Click on Add". I have no "Add" button. Help, please. Thanks.
Sunflower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sunflower and welcome to MobileRead. When you say 'Alf's Blog', which section on MR are you referring to?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower2 View Post
I am following the instructions in Alf's Blog from Jan 13. I am stuck at #8 "Click on Add". I have no "Add" button. Help, please. Thanks.
Open calibre > Preferences > Plugins > Add a new plugin
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjnjk View Post
Open calibre > Preferences > Plugins > Add a new plugin
That was step 4, but that might be what the OP is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower2 View Post
The dialog that pops up has two choices Open and Cancel, after you select the plugin (step 7) choose open.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
sunflower2

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
sleepy6553
Connoisseur
sleepy6553 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
I know for a fact where sunflower2 is stuck because I'm the one trying to help her! Here's what we've done and where we are stuck:

6. Open the Calibre_Plugins folder DONE
7. Select one of the zip files in that folder DONE
8. Click on Add SHE DOESN'T SEE AN "ADD" BUTTON

I know I had problems several months ago and I was finally able to figure it out, but I can't seem to remember how I did it. Maybe we unzipped incorrectly? Just can't figure out why we don't have an "Add" button.

Any suggestions?
sleepy6553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
Maybe we unzipped incorrectly?
Don't unzip.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
sleepy6553
Connoisseur

This step said to unzip:
2. Download the latest combined tools package, and unzip it. (On Windows, right-click and “Extract All…”).

So are you saying to skip this? And when we did unzip this, there was no "Extract All" when we right clicked.

I feel like such a dunce!!!

Last edited by sleepy6553; 04-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Plugin instructions are here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118680

I'm not familiar with the post you're following on "Alf's blog", but for your reference:
Quote:

How do I install a plugin?
  1. Locate a plugin of interest using the Index of plugins sticky thread.
  2. Upgrade to the latest Calibre version. Or at least to the version if specified on the plugin thread.
  3. Download the plugin zip file from the forum thread. Do not extract the zip file.
  4. In Calibre choose Preferences->Plugins. Click the Add new plugin button to browse to your xxx_plugin.zip file and click OK. The plugin should now appear in the list above. Apply and close.
  5. Restart Calibre after installing a plugin. Ctrl+R is a convenient shortcut for this.
  6. Your plugin can often be customized by selecting it within the list in the Preferences->Plugins dialog, and clicking the "Customize Plugin" button.
  7. By default a GUI action plugin will not appear in any menus or toolbars. To add it to any of these you must go to Preferences->Customise the toolbar. In the dropdown at the top choose where you want the new "action", such as "The context menu for the books in the Calibre library". Select the new plugin within the "Available actions", click the add button and move up/down as required.
If you're doing something other than just installing a plugin, perhaps you needed to extract something,

Last edited by Starson17; 04-05-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
'Alf's blog' is a zip package of many plugin's.

You need to un-zip the Outer package ONLY to a temporary folder (DO NOT place these into Calibre's Plugins folder).
(The 'Extract all' instruction assumed that you had a 'vanilla' windows installation. (there will be some sort of Extract all, somewhere in Your Zip program).

Follow the instructions on choices
From this point, a normal 'Add Plugins' is how you proceed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
'Alf's blog' is a zip package of many plugin's.
That means they are likely to be out of date. I hope the Plugin Updater is included.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
sleepy6553
Connoisseur

Thanks, everyone. We will try it again when sunflower2 and I can get together. I'm sure we can figure it out. Appreciate the assistance.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
That means they are likely to be out of date. I hope the Plugin Updater is included.
FWIW,

These plugins are not part of the "official" set of plugins since they are DRM removal file type plugins, therefore they do not use the Plugin Updater.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
Thanks, everyone. We will try it again when sunflower2 and I can get together. I'm sure we can figure it out. Appreciate the assistance.
Hi,

If you run into trouble simply ask on the Apprentice Alf list (you can post anonymously if you like) and the people there would be happy to help you out.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
These plugins are not part of the "official" set of plugins
Aaah....OK Thanks for the info.