Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Global Weather Report

Now that Spring has sprung in Oz, and the heat will be upon us with a vengance soon. I thought it would be nice to hear from those members who are experiencing an altogether different day.

Today in Mooloolaba it is sunny and warm with a light breeze. It is 24.6° C in our kitchen at 1.30pm.
Nearly perfect everything weather. I even showered outside (still a little BRR) at the pool shower after a cycle this morning for the first time this (almost)summer.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
That *is* the perfect weather! (I googled-converted it!). It was about 29.4 (C) here today. Not horrible, but not great either. I like your weather better!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
That *is* the perfect weather! (I googled-converted it!). It was about 29.4 (C) here today. Not horrible, but not great either. I like your weather better!
That sounds quite warm, although we will have days like that soon. Is Voggy paradise in Hawaii? Guessing by your avatar.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Right now we're sitting in the mid 70's with a relatively light humidity. It's actually quite pleasant and I've got the window open for the first time in six months. The thermostat in the house is set to 83 and we're sitting at 82 and I feel fine.

I'm too lazy to do the math for everyone on the other end of the pond

Last edited by jaxx6166; 10-04-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: ...and the missus just complained it's too warm in here. Go figure!
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Look what google gave me! I started with the kitchen temp, and ....

24.6 degrees Celsius = 76.28 degrees Fahrenheit

You must be nearby!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
we were sunny and mid sixties most of the day. rain expected this week. that's normal. what's not normal is that they are saying we are to have the worst la nina in 55 years. I am having the generator serviced and laying much more than normal canned and dried goods
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Yep, Hawai'i... wonderful deduction
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #8
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
we were sunny and mid sixties most of the day. rain expected this week. that's normal. what's not normal is that they are saying we are to have the worst la nina in 55 years. I am having the generator serviced and laying much more than normal canned and dried goods
Brrrr! I just googled the temp. You would have to turn off your fans and maybe put some clothes on!

Is it getting hotter or colder at your place? We are running Spring and soon will be Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yep, Hawai'i... wonderful deduction
No wonder you don't have a winter, a bit like Northern Oz They have the wet or the dry.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:35 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Not a perfect but a very good weather +16° C.
Not raining.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #10
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Farking cold and windy and looks like rain - apart from that it's really nice here!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #11
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Hot humid and oppressive here in North QLD... 8pm and still low 30's in the house
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #12
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
16 C, sunny, some clouds, almost no wind. Nice
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Brrrr! I just googled the temp. You would have to turn off your fans and maybe put some clothes on!

Is it getting hotter or colder at your place? We are running Spring and soon will be Summer.

No wonder you don't have a winter, a bit like Northern Oz They have the wet or the dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
16 C, sunny, some clouds, almost no wind. Nice
starting to get colder. leaves are starting to change and there is the definet fall crisp to the air
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Around 25 C for a high, 16 C for a low, bright sun and low humidity. The finest weather in Texas is the fall...Unfortunately soon it will be winter. Maybe I can visit Grace Krispy...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #15
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
It's been fine and low 20's (C) here in Adelaide. Much lower humidity than North Queensland and very pleasant. We are well into spring after a very long and wet winter, so now the garden is a mass of flowers and crazy honey-eaters flitting around everywhere. I even heard our lizards rustling around in the shrubbery, hopefully eating lot of snails and slugs! They are blue-tongue lizards and so great to have as we are only a few kilometres from the city. (And never fail to freak out our overseas visitors!)
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote