Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
vbussell
vbussell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader
Exclamation Missing Library

I have searched throughout the forums and have found two similar threads, but nothing that resolves my current problem.

While moving my library to a new external hard drive, I inadvertently deleted the metadata.db file. At first, I was not concerned because I assumed that once I directed Calibre to the new library location, a new db file would be created. Well it was created, but it contains no information regarding my library. And shows my calibre library to be empty. However, all my files are safe and sound in the new location.

Please, Please tell me that there is a way (short of re-entering the 3000 books individually) that I can do to regain my library.

Also, I had just upgraded to the latest Calibre version (6.26). Not sure if that matters...
vbussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
vbussell

So, am I totally screwed...anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Never fear. Kovid or someone else will answer soon......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All the metadata is stored in metadata.db

You can mass re-import the books by clicking the arrow next to the Add books button and choosing import from sub-folders with one book per folder, but you will lose any metadata edits you may have done
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
vbussell

Okay, I managed to recover (using a data recovery program) the metadata.db file; however it gives me the following error

ERROR: Invalid database: <p>An invalid library already exists at D:\My Books\Calibre, delete it before trying to move the existing library.<br>Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 142, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 94, in get
DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 440, in move_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 441, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 312, in refresh
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 171, in run
DatabaseException: file is encrypted or is not a database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 142, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 94, in get
DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database

Can these file be fixed?
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not really, looks like your data recovery program didn't fully recover the file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote