Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #91
mam-longman
mam-longman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It isn't just the connectors. The touch works by shining IR beams across the screen. If you don't align the screen correctly, or have something blocking the emitters and sensors, the touch won't work.

The image isn't from my device. Someone else created it and gave it to me. I thought it was taken after a factory reset and was empty.

As you are seeing books, that sounds like you haven't done a factory reset using the buttons. I suggest doing this as it can solve all sorts of strange problems.

Sorry, but the suggestions above are about all I have. I don't have an Aura HD to experiment with. Maybe someone who has one and has pulled it apart will have another idea.
It wasn't helpful.But lots thank you so much for your time.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #92
AngieX
AngieX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
SD card corruption

After many factory resets, and failures to start, I believe I may have a corrupt SD internal card. I would appreciate a link to the image for starting over. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #94
leegal
leegal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O
I bricked my kobo when upgrading firmware. Can someone send me a SD card image.

Thank you.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Advert
Old 11-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #96
masteree
masteree began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD bol.com edition
Hello,
the data on my internal sd-card of my Kobo Aura HD is corrupt. I tried some images but no one works without errors. I have a 4GB card inside and this ist a bol.com edition. Please can someone send me one backup image for my device.
Thank you
Old 11-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #97
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Odds are, either you put the image on the card incorrectly, the card itself is bad or there is some other hardware problem. I would get another card and try it.

And, what actually happens when you restored the image? Screen change, LED flashed or anything else?
Old 11-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #98
masteree

Thank you very much,with your image the device starts, but there is no touch funktion, i buy it as bricked and i dont know about not working touch finction before. Maybe the digitalizer is broken?Or mybe it is also wrong sd image?
Old 11-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #99
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

There is only one version of the Aura HD, so if that is what you have, that is the correct image.

As you bought it bricked, then the most likely answer is that the device is broken in other ways. But, you should check that the cables are all connected properly and that the screen is in the correct place. And nothing is covering the IR sensors or emitters. I don't have an Aura HD, so I cannot make more suggestions. This has been discussed a few times here. From memory, Ken Maltby had some fun and games with the IR when he pulled an Aura HD apart.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:13 AM   #100
masteree

Something is happen now, after it was lain some hours on the table, I used it onece again and now the touch funktion is allready work. I used it now some hours without a problem. Thank you again
Old 11-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #101
crispywiggins
crispywiggins began at the beginning.

Hi guys,

My Kobo Aura HD is bricked - turns out the internal SD was corrupt so I have bought a new micro SD, any chance of the SD image please so I can start again?

Thank you in advance
Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #102
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:35 AM   #103
crispywiggins
crispywiggins began at the beginning.

Thank you very much - seems to have worked initially, but I cannot get it to charge! I think I may need to replace the micro USB port - any thoughts on this would be welcome :-)
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #104
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
bricked Aura Hd ...inadvertently shut off mid-update

Any help appreciated...I inadvertently shut off my Aura HD while it was in mid update. I always leave the wifi shut off to save the battery, but i'd noticed in the last week or so...it had kep turning itself on...can't figure that one out at all.

So I turn it on, set it down, went to get something else, then phone rang for what i knew would be a long conversation so I went to shut Kobo off again ....and then realized that it said updating on bottom of screen... too late.

Now have tried resets w/ power switch and paper clip to no avail. Screen flashes twice when i turn on and stays blank. Computer won't recognize it either when i connect via usb...

NOW what...?

Any chance someone can send me a link with an SD image so i can reformat the card and put the image back on it...or whatever it is I need to do? I miss my books!!!

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks.

JEff
Old 11-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But, you might just need to do a factory reset using the buttons:

- Charge the device for at least an hour.
- Hold the power button in the off position for 20 seconds to ensure it is off.
- Hold the light button down and turn the device on.
- Release the light button when the screen changes.

Hopefully that will get you going.
Closed Thread