Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Do you mean having the browser hard-coded to big libraries like Philadelphia Free Library? hard on folks who don't have a card there. Or should we be able to point the browser to our local libraries? not sure how this would work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think he means instead of having them go through Amazon.
The same way Sony does it:

Quote:
Want an eBook to read for free? Pay a virtual visit to your local library any time of the day or night without setting foot outside your home. Tap the Public Library icon to wirelessly peruse, borrow and download eBooks from local public libraries directly to the device.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #107
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
How does this icon know which library you want to go to? does it just find the nearest one? What about people with several library cards?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #108
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ That's something I'd like on a reader as well, with the ability to store an unlimited number of library cards and pin numbers on it like you can with the Overdrive app.
I would also really like an eink reader that supports both Kindle formats and ePub and that can open ADE DRMed ePubs on the device itself without the need of a computer. Kind of like the Sony T1&2 can, but with a nicer body, higher screen resolution, lighted screen and lower price tag than the Sonys.

What would also be great is a reader that lets you link various accounts with it, from different countries. Like a kindle that lets me shop in any of the kindle stores at any time.

And I want TTS back.

Sigh, I have a dream....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #109
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
How does this icon know which library you want to go to? does it just find the nearest one? What about people with several library cards?
I believe you have to point it to the library webpage that you have an account for.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #110
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I believe you have to point it to the library webpage that you have an account for.
Since you have a T1, can you set up multiple libraries with multiple library card numbers on it?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #111
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Since you have a T1, can you set up multiple libraries with multiple library card numbers on it?
Yes, I have memberships to several libraries and can access them all
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #112
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Yes, I have memberships to several libraries and can access them all
Does your reader store all your individual card numbers, or do you have to enter them manually every time? I scoured the internet for images of the library set-up screen on the T1/2 and found nothing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #113
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

K
Quote:
Does your reader store all your individual card numbers, or do you have to enter them manually every time? I scoured the internet for images of the library set-up screen on the T1/2 and found nothing.
It uses the Web browser to go to the library site in a special menu for libraries and allows you to save your searches. I have 3 different libraries saved that I can get to directly with the saved info. Once there you tap login and after the first login, if you select remember me, you don't have to re-enter your card # and password again, they auto-populate.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-04-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #114
xendula
eBookworm

Thanks, Chantal!
If their next device is higher resolution, frontlit, and a bit more esthetically appealing to me, I may get one, as long as it still has the library option on it.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #115
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks, Chantal!
If their next device is higher resolution, frontlit, and a bit more esthetically appealing to me, I may get one, as long as it still has the library option on it.
It's a great feature for sure, not that I use it directly on my reader all that often... I've kind of run out of choices in my preferred reading material at my libraries and they're not adding new ones quickly enough for me... End up buying stuff more often than not. Guess you could say I'm impatient...