Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
It may not have been part of the ruling but apple are seeking to have it banned along with the S3, the galaxy note 10.1, the new Samsung music player and the galaxy nexus for good measure.

http://m.engadget.com/2012/08/31/app...atent-lawsuit/

So no doubt they will go after the note 2.

The gall of this company knows no bounds.
I saw that. Looks like apple is feeling the heat, the S3 and the Note have been a great success for Sammy, and the Note2 is just making the stakes that much higher.

Sammy have the advantage that they don't have to have a "one size fits all" phone, they can diversify and offer people what they want.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #32
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I saw that. Looks like apple is feeling the heat, the S3 and the Note have been a great success for Sammy, and the Note2 is just making the stakes that much higher.

Sammy have the advantage that they don't have to have a "one size fits all" phone, they can diversify and offer people what they want.
Perhaps Apple goes after the Kindle Touch next? Since they apparently don't have any new ideas this new business model "if you can't beat them, sue them" does make a lot of sense.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #33
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by glin View Post
As far as I can see, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a NON pentile screen.
See for instance here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#HD_Super_AMOLED
and :
http://www.phonearena.com/news/No-mo...review_id33845
According to this, it is not pentile, nor true RGB:

Quote:
While we were waiting with bated breath for Samsung to announce an HD Plus screen, meaning a regular RGB matrix, it seems to have quietly gotten rid of the typical PenTile arrangement with the Note II, yet employed something different than standard RGB stripes.

The pixel level zoom-in shows not the RGBG PenTile, but rather the blue stripes seemingly turned purpendicular to the red and green ones, yet overall we get the same amount of pixels as with RGB, not a third less due to the clever "screen door" arrangement of PenTile. We heard recently that Samsung might have improved on the traditional FMM production method for its AMOLED displays, which has allowed for higher pixel densities, so that might be it, in the new Note II.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #34
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Maybe the A in USA now stands for Apple?
United Shoppers of Apple?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I sure like the sound of the Note 2, but realistically, it won't likely happen for me for at least a year or so, when maybe I could acquire a used one. Still, very happy with my used Note 1, can't complain, especially at the price I got it for.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
Did any of you experience reading e-books on this wonderful ''phablet'' ?
If so how did you feel ?
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #37
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glin View Post
Did any of you experience reading e-books on this wonderful ''phablet'' ?
If so how did you feel ?
I'd expect reading to be just as nice as on the first Note. I do read some on my Note, it's comfortable enough for me to read on for well over an hour.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #38
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I got the Note II last week and I'm really enjoying it. It's not nearly as large as I expected but the screen size makes a huge difference in reading. I read ebooks and Pocket to ready articles. Pocket is wonderful, so much text on the screen makes it easier to read on than my old Galaxy Nexus. Also the non-Pentile pixel pattern is pretty good. I can't really see any distortion in text that could be linked to the pixel pattern.

Also the battery is HUGE. I've a day and a half of heavy usage and the battery is down to about 30% battery.

I really like my nexus 7, but I see the Note II replacing it. Just that I would have it on me all the time means I'll use it more for reading.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote