Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Special deal when you buy a Sony Reader - through April 30th

I am probably telling you something that's already common knowledge, but according to this special offer, you'll get $50 towards e-book when you buy the Sony Reader - UNTIL April 30th 2007.

So if you haven't made up your mind yet, now is the time.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think there was an announcement when they restarted the offer, but since that was back in February, it very much bears repeating.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
hcobbs
hcobbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Heh...

Also, if you don't mind getting a credit card temporarily, I'm doing the "get $100 after your first purchase" offer...

We'll see how it goes.

On a side note... don't take the free shipping in the USA, I've been waiting about a week and a half and have yet to lay hands on my new toy.
hcobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
InspectorGadget
Enthusiast
InspectorGadget is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
I bought mine last month at a Sony Store in a mall near me. Same price all over and I wanted mine fast. The $50 credit at the Connect store was effortless -- they push it on you as soon as you register and create a store account.
InspectorGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Pets0undz
Pets0undz began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket eBook
On a related note, this might be only for Sony Visa cardholders, but there's apparently also a $149 promotion:

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFER YOU MUST PURCHASE A SONY® READER AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING AT CONNECTTM eBOOKS (the "Service" or "CONNECT eBooks"), ACCESSIBLE AT http://ebooks.connect.com (the "Site") BETWEEN MAY 1, 2007 AND JULY 31, 2007:
(i) register for a CONNECT eBooks end user account; and
(ii) authorize your Sony® Reader.
$149 credit is good for the following: 1) $50 toward any eBook title, and 2) $99.50 toward any CONNECT eBooks Classics title published by Sony CONNECT under the "CONNECT eBooks Classics" imprint (the "CONNECT eBooks Classics") (collectively, the "Credit").

The only trouble is I can't seem to find any "Connect eBooks Classics" titles on the Connect site. Anyone know how to retrieve a list? That would go a long way toward determining if this is actually a good deal, or if I'd be better off with just (say) the Blackmask DVD.

The above quotation from Sony Reader $149 Offer
Pets0undz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert