Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
brwtea
brwtea began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
music files

I am trying to move my music files from a psp player to my prs 600 sony reader. The SD from the psp fits into the reader but I am not having any luck accessing the music. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.
brwtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
lininjim
lininjim began at the beginning.

Device: prs505; prs600 - sold, iPad, Kindle 3
Funnily enough, yesterday I was trying to get music onto my 600 for the first time and having no luck. I only use Calibre as the Mac Sony software is not very intuitive and I really don't like it but in this instance I was getting nowhere without it.
What I ended up doing to get the music to appear was to fire up the Sony software.
Then I imported the files using the file menu. This put the files into the software library. I then selected the music files and dragged then on to the memory card in my reader. It took a while but eventually they came across and I can access them on the book itself.

Do you have your reader attached to your computer?

Okay, I have put my memory card in a card reader and the files are in the following path:

SD card/Sony Reader/audio

If you don't have a path like that try making it and see what happens. I didn't try copying a folder over as I was running out of patience and I knew that at the very least the files themselves would work, if it was going to work at all.
lininjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lininjim View Post
...What I ended up doing to get the music to appear was to fire up the Sony software.
Then I imported the files using the file menu. This put the files into the software library. I then selected the music files and dragged then on to the memory card in my reader....
Same here.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, prs 600, psp, transfer