Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 AM   #16
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilas View Post
Well, now do we have to buy shoes that match PB's colours or buy PB that match shoes' colour???
I expect the problem is even worse - you will no doubt need two PB360 devices - one in each colour! perhaps ivory for day use and black to go with the evening wear?
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #17
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alilas View Post
Well, now do we have to buy shoes that match PB's colours or buy PB that match shoes' colour???
Skins people, just use skins and you can match the PB to handbag to shoes.
Easy as
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Skins people, just use skins and you can match the PB to handbag to shoes.
Easy as
Hmm. I need some skins for mine.

And you're a girl. That explains a lot. And that makes your avatar kinda revealing... :P
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #19
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post
Hmm. I need some skins for mine.

And you're a girl. That explains a lot. And that makes your avatar kinda revealing... :P
I like to show my best side
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #20
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

I'm really keen to buy the PB360. It really seems to be head and shoulders above any other reader! (Kindle, Sony... what's that?).

Anyway, the EU (German) site has hit a minor delay in delivery of the devices (moved from 02.12 to 04.12, so not a crisis... yet).

I was wondering if there are any users that ordered from the US site for delivery to EU? The price is definitely better ($239 vs €239) although shipping is a killer (UPS = $92, USPS = $45). In the end, with USPS the price comes out at $285/€189, which is €60 less than the price via the German site (incl. shipping, VAT, etc.).

The problem is, I think Mister Customs-Man will step in and slug me at least that amount in customs/handling fees. Has anyone ordered from the US and been lucky enough to be overlooked by the evil customs inspectors? I know sometimes stuff makes it through, especially if it's not hugely over the limits (and depending on the type of product).

Thanks for any experience other MR users might share on this - cheers!
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
I was wondering if there are any users that ordered from the US site for delivery to EU? The price is definitely better ($239 vs €239) although shipping is a killer (UPS = $92, USPS = $45). In the end, with USPS the price comes out at $285/€189, which is €60 less than the price via the German site (incl. shipping, VAT, etc.).
Wow - that is a huge difference. But I experience that here in Australia as well - electronics cost the same amount here as they do in Germany, Only difference, I pay in AU$ instead of Euro. Which means Germany double as expensive. have bought laptop for parents here and taking it over.

What is the limit to bring into Germany? I know here in Oz I can bring AU$400 in without being penalised for taxes. (hope that's right - at least i kept below that amount and so far never had any problems)
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #22
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Wow - that is a huge difference. But I experience that here in Australia as well - electronics cost the same amount here as they do in Germany, Only difference, I pay in AU$ instead of Euro. Which means Germany double as expensive. have bought laptop for parents here and taking it over.

What is the limit to bring into Germany? I know here in Oz I can bring AU$400 in without being penalised for taxes. (hope that's right - at least i kept below that amount and so far never had any problems)
Yeah, good question. I'm in NL and the limit is a little vague - some places say EUR430, others use examples that have things like up to EUR150, and other brackets. I'm really not sure, so was just curious if anyone had ordered a similar priced item and "got away with it." I may just try it anyway if the Euro supplies remain out of stock.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Yeah, good question. I'm in NL and the limit is a little vague - some places say EUR430, others use examples that have things like up to EUR150, and other brackets. I'm really not sure, so was just curious if anyone had ordered a similar priced item and "got away with it." I may just try it anyway if the Euro supplies remain out of stock.
Well the "Kindle people" had to pay taxes!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #24
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well the "Kindle people" had to pay taxes!
There's a comment waiting there, but I leave it at OUCH
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #25
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Hi there,

tax free "import" (for personal use) into Germany for adults is 430 EURO per (adult) person. It is 175 EURO (I think) for children (aged below 18 years). I just checked that with the customs, going to the US soon

Hope that helps,
Klaus
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #26
PGoeri
PGoeri began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimert View Post
tax free "import" (for personal use) into Germany for adults is 430 EURO per (adult) person. It is 175 EURO (I think) for children (aged below 18 years).
I think this is only true, if you import it by yourself (e.g. from a vacation)
If you order something online, the limit is about 40 EURO (incl. shipping)
PGoeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoeri View Post
Ouch - that's not much
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #28
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoeri View Post
Yes, there is a difference. In NL I think you can bring in EUR430, but ordering online or mail order it is under EUR150 I think, then you still have to pay VAT. Over that you get nailed with both!

I think if I order from the US it will only be beacuse the German supplies are out. If I sneak it in without customs, which is a possibility, then I win. If I get charged customs/VAT (which is also a possibility) it could work out more than the German price.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #29
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
There's a comment waiting there, but I leave it at OUCH
Yes, there definitely is, but I think we are all leaving it well enough alone...
Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Supplies are coming in and there's definitely no tax to pay inside the EU!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote